* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 17:14 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-15 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the rsync stuff, i have started looking at it.

I first need to know how things work in their basic way. I don't understand
why my update didn't work as i did everything the way i was asked.

And now, Pdftex doesn't find my fonts anymore :)

It is turning to a nightmare.

Is all of this because of the new way Texlive works now ?

http://toolbar.msn.com/

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 17:46 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-11-15 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.11.2004 um 18:14 schrieb Dirar BOUGATEF:
> Is all of this because of the new way Texlive works now ?

Seems so. My TeX runs only since I completely re-installed it with
Gerben's i-Installer.

Regardings project structure please have a look at the wiki:
http://www.contextgarden.net/Project_structure

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 19:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-15 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:

> Is all of this because of the new way Texlive works now ?

probably

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-19  9:27             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-19  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:
> I was doing exactly what you did with sabon, but i was using
> \pdfmapfile{+texnansi-rubicon-opulent.map} which does not work now (with
> mytex) !
>
> I have changed that to \loadmapfile[texnansi-rubicon-opulent.map] and
> this works fine.

future versions of context will hide the whole map file system behind runtime
generated \pdfmapline entries; i wait with that till pdftex > 1.20 is more
widespread and till dvipdfmx has this feature too

hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-19  0:22           ` Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-19  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was doing exactly what you did with sabon, but i was using
\pdfmapfile{+texnansi-rubicon-opulent.map} which does not work now (with
mytex) !

I have changed that to \loadmapfile[texnansi-rubicon-opulent.map] and this
works fine.

Great, i now have my system setup and running and my project compiles too.

Thanks a lot Hans for your time.

@+.

Dirar.

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-18 16:52         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-18 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:
> Great. I have installed my fonts another time, i get my tfm + vfs at the
> right place. Have updated pdftex.cfg in
> C:\mytex\texmf-local\pdftex\config too with +map filename. Have updated
> my files databases with mktexlsr. But my font fles are not found.
>

> This is the error message i get:
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-OPN): Font texnansi-raw-OPN at
> 72 not f
> ound
> <c:\mytex\texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmsy10.pfb><c:\mytex\texmf/fonts/type1/b
>
> luesky/cm/cmr8.pfb>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at
> 72 not f
> ound
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at
> 58 not f
> ound
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at
> 130 not
> found
> Output written on BusinessPlan.pdf (44 pages, 47617 bytes).
> Transcript written on BusinessPlan.log.
>
> Am i missing some else .. ?
>
> Thanks in advance ..

hm, i'm just now installing sabon, so here is what i did:

mkdir <drive>:\fonts\monotype\sabon
copy the files to there
goto <drive>:\fonts

texfont --en=texnansi --ve=monotype --co=sabon --re
texfont --en=texnansi --ve=monotype --co=sabon --so=monotype/sabon --ma --in

that installs the fonts and generates a file

   texnansi-monotype-sabon.pdf

which you can process;

next make a typescript, say in typeface.tex (which you need to load in your doc
then with \usetypescriptfile[typeface])

\starttypescript [map] [sabon] [ec,8r,texnansi]
   \loadmapfile[\typescriptthree-monotype-sabon.map]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [sabon] [name]

   \definefontsynonym [Serif]            [SabonMT]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]        [SabonMT-RegularSC]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]      [SabonMT-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]     [SabonMT-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]        [SabonMT-SemiBold]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]  [SabonMT-SemiBoldItalic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted] [SabonMT-SemiBoldItalic]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [sabon] [ec,8r,texnansi]

   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT]               [\typescriptthree-sab]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT-RegularSC]
[\typescriptthree-sabsc][encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT-Italic]        [\typescriptthree-sabi]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT-SemiBold]      [\typescriptthree-sabs]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]

\definefontsynonym[SabonMT-SemiBoldItalic][\typescriptthree-sabsi][encoding=\typescriptthree]

\stoptypescript

After that

\usetypescriptfile[typeface.tex]
\definetypeface[sabon][rm][serif][sabon][default]
\setupbodyfont[sabon] \input tufte \end

I got some text in the right font. This process is described in the wiki and
bill's site as well

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-18 16:17       ` Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-18 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great. I have installed my fonts another time, i get my tfm + vfs at the
right place. Have updated pdftex.cfg in C:\mytex\texmf-local\pdftex\config
too with +map filename. Have updated my files databases with mktexlsr. But
my font fles are not found.

This is the error message i get:

Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-OPN): Font texnansi-raw-OPN at 72
not f
ound
<c:\mytex\texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmsy10.pfb><c:\mytex\texmf/fonts/type1/b
luesky/cm/cmr8.pfb>
Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at 72
not f
ound

Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at 58
not f
ound

Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at 130

@ 2004-11-18 13:46     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-18 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:
> Looks like rsync does not like firewalls (could be the opposite ;) )
>
> Now that i have the right context plateform setup and working, the
> question is: where is it best to install my fonts as the local tree is
> the one that handles context updates etc. just in case i have to
> reinstall every thing from scratch .. :=)

texmf-fonts

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-18 13:16   ` Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-18 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-11-17  8:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-17  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:
> I have installed Texlive8 (Not sure wether it is the latest one. I have
> used TeXSetup.exe).
>
> Am using rsync as you mentioned, but seems like it does not work, this
> is what i get:
>
> C:\>rsync2.5.1-dev -r -v www.pragma-pod.com::mswin mytex
> receiving file list ...

 >rsync -v
rsync  version 2.6.3  protocol version 28

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-17  1:52 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-17  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have installed Texlive8 (Not sure wether it is the latest one. I have used
TeXSetup.exe).

Am using rsync as you mentioned, but seems like it does not work, this is
what i get:

C:\>rsync2.5.1-dev -r -v www.pragma-pod.com::mswin mytex
receiving file list ...

Do i need a user account to do this .. ?

Which version of rsync do you use ?

Many thanks.

Dirar.

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-16 23:57 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-16 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am wiling to do so, but i see that Texlive hasn't changed since 2003, and
this is already the version i have installed 2 months ago.

Is there a fresher version and does anyone knows the date where Texlive
structure changed.

Many thanks.

Dirar.

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 16:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-15 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Looks like am never going to get out of my installation problems without
> getting the write way to do it.
>
> Back to Bill's mc clain method, i have done the equivalent of this in XP:

an option is (assuming that you have rsync running):

c:
cd \
mkdir mytex
rsync -r -v www.pragma-pod.com::mswin mytex
cd mytex
setuptex
texexec --make --alone --all

and voila you have a running system (like i have)

(updating is then also rather efficient)

c:\mytex\setuptex c:\mytex

can then be udes any time.

rsync www.pragma-pod.com::

gives a list of other trees that can be downloaded.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 15:12 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-15 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Looks like am never going to get out of my installation problems without
getting the write way to do it.

Back to Bill's mc clain method, i have done the equivalent of this in XP:

mv cont-tmf.zip /usr/TeX/texmf
cd /usr/TeX/texmf
rm tex/context/base/*        # safer to clean out old files first
rm metapost/context/base/*   # ...also remove metafun files
rm metapost/context/*.mp     # ...and any from an obsolete version
unzip -a -L -o cont-tmf.zip  # overwrites existing files

# Edit texexec.ini afterwards?
cp context/config/texexec.rme context/config/texexec.ini

# Edit cont-sys.tex afterwards? Specifically: uncomment the line:
#
#   \autoloadmapfilestrue
#
# For Metapost use, make sure these lines are uncommented:
#
#   \runMPgraphicstrue
#   \runMPTEXgraphicstrue
#   \useMETAFUNformattrue
cp tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex

#
# Edit /usr/TeX/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and ensure that "shell_escape = t".
This
# is what TeX people somewhat obscurely call "write18 enabled".
#

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux # root doesn't have this on my
system

texhash
texexec --make en  # en = english
texexec --make --alone metafun
mv metafun.mem /usr/TeX/texmf-var/web2c/metafun.mem
texhash

exit # from "su root"

Now, nothing changed within my context version, still ConTeXt  ver:
2003.9.25  fmt: 2004.8.17  int: english  mes: english.

When i use a straight file (e.g AllInOneFile.tex) without the project
structure another version of Context is used: ConTeXt  ver: 2004.11.06  fmt:
2004.11.15  int: english  mes: english

Things stay the same wether i use the --pdf option or not.

Many thanks :)

Dirar.

* Re: A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 11:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-15 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:

> This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11b-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
> %&-line parsing enabled.
> (c:/TeXLive/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
> entering extended mode
> (./documents.tex{c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2003.9.25  fmt: 2004.8.17  int: english  mes: english
                 ^^^^^^^^^

looks like an old context mixed with a new one

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* A simple project.
@ 2004-11-15 10:51 Dirar BOUGATEF
From: Dirar BOUGATEF @ 2004-11-15 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have tried the document project on the cont-enp.pdf and am getting this
error:

>texexec --pdf documents

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : documents
                output : pdftex
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11b-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
%&-line parsing enabled.
(c:/TeXLive/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./documents.tex{c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.9.25  fmt: 2004.8.17  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system         : cont-new loaded
(c:/TeXLive/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
! Undefined control sequence.
\@@toks ->\everymathematics

\dodoappendtoks ->\dodoglobal \@@toks
                                      \@EAEAEA {\@EA \the \@EA \@@toks \the