From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: A simple project.
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:52:45 +0100	[thread overview]

Dirar BOUGATEF wrote:
> Great. I have installed my fonts another time, i get my tfm + vfs at the
> right place. Have updated pdftex.cfg in
> C:\mytex\texmf-local\pdftex\config too with +map filename. Have updated
> my files databases with mktexlsr. But my font fles are not found.
>

> This is the error message i get:
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-OPN): Font texnansi-raw-OPN at
> 72 not f
> ound
> <c:\mytex\texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmsy10.pfb><c:\mytex\texmf/fonts/type1/b
>
> luesky/cm/cmr8.pfb>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at
> 72 not f
> ound
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at
> 58 not f
> ound
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-KAN): Font texnansi-raw-KAN at
> 130 not
> found
> Output written on BusinessPlan.pdf (44 pages, 47617 bytes).
> Transcript written on BusinessPlan.log.
>
> Am i missing some else .. ?
>
> Thanks in advance ..

hm, i'm just now installing sabon, so here is what i did:

mkdir <drive>:\fonts\monotype\sabon
copy the files to there
goto <drive>:\fonts

texfont --en=texnansi --ve=monotype --co=sabon --re
texfont --en=texnansi --ve=monotype --co=sabon --so=monotype/sabon --ma --in

that installs the fonts and generates a file

   texnansi-monotype-sabon.pdf

which you can process;

next make a typescript, say in typeface.tex (which you need to load in your doc
then with \usetypescriptfile[typeface])

\starttypescript [map] [sabon] [ec,8r,texnansi]
   \loadmapfile[\typescriptthree-monotype-sabon.map]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [sabon] [name]

   \definefontsynonym [Serif]            [SabonMT]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]        [SabonMT-RegularSC]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]      [SabonMT-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]     [SabonMT-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]        [SabonMT-SemiBold]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]  [SabonMT-SemiBoldItalic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted] [SabonMT-SemiBoldItalic]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [sabon] [ec,8r,texnansi]

   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT]               [\typescriptthree-sab]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT-RegularSC]
[\typescriptthree-sabsc][encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT-Italic]        [\typescriptthree-sabi]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
   \definefontsynonym[SabonMT-SemiBold]      [\typescriptthree-sabs]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]

\definefontsynonym[SabonMT-SemiBoldItalic][\typescriptthree-sabsi][encoding=\typescriptthree]

\stoptypescript

After that

\usetypescriptfile[typeface.tex]
\definetypeface[sabon][rm][serif][sabon][default]
\setupbodyfont[sabon] \input tufte \end

I got some text in the right font. This process is described in the wiki and
bill's site as well

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE