From: Richard Gabriel <rgabriel@kerio.com>
Subject: \setuptolerance
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:11:56 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello all,

could somebody explain me the usage of the \setuptolerance command and
its particular parameters?
I've found several forms of this command, but no explanation of them at
all...

The main ConTeXt manual (cont-eni.pdf, pages 87-88) only mentions that
it is used [horizontal,verystrict] and [vertical,strict] by default...
Should I issue two \setuptolerance commands to setup up horizontal and
vertical tolerance?

On contextgarden.net I've found one example using the following form:

\setuptolerance		[{horizontal, verytolerant},{vertical, verystrict}]

...tried this, but it produces "Overfull \hbox" at almost every third
line... :-(

Currently I use the setup:
\setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
which gives quite good results, but I don't know what it exactly does (I
googled it somewhere)...

Thanks for help.

Richard