* pagenumbers in margin
@ 2004-11-25 11:20 GEERT
From: GEERT @ 2004-11-25 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

After a long period of "Context inactivity", I am again into document
preparation.

I want to put the pagenumbers in a doublesided document in the outer
margin.  So far no problem at all...  but I want the number to be
placed in a 3cm wide grey box, wich I do with an inframed command
within the pagenumbering setup.

This also works more or less, but (see if I can explain this in plain
english without using figures !!.....) :

The grey box with the pagenumber aligns its inner border with the inner
border of the outer margin.

What I want is the grey box to align its outer border with the outer
border of the outer margin.....

Any suggestion ?

Geert Dobbels.

* Re: pagenumbers in margin
@ 2004-11-28 16:29 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-11-28 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beste Geert,

[...]

> This also works more or less, but (see if I can explain this in plain
> english without using figures !!.....) :

You should post a complete but minimal example that shows what you do
and then a few words what is wrong with it. That way we can imagine
better what your expected outcome is.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: pagenumbers in margin
@ 2004-11-28 20:51 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2004-11-28 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

GEERT@telefonica.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After a long period of "Context inactivity", I am again into document
> preparation.
>
> I want to put the pagenumbers in a doublesided document in the outer
> margin.  So far no problem at all...  but I want the number to be
> placed in a 3cm wide grey box, wich I do with an inframed command
> within the pagenumbering setup.
>
> This also works more or less, but (see if I can explain this in plain
> english without using figures !!.....) :
>
> The grey box with the pagenumber aligns its inner border with the inner
> border of the outer margin.
>
> What I want is the grey box to align its outer border with the outer
> border of the outer margin.....
>
> Any suggestion ?

can you make a minimal file that we can adapt for you?

often it is possible to set alignments to

    align=inner

or

    align=outer

and such

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Re: pagenumbers in margin
@ 2004-11-29  7:47   ` GEERT
From: GEERT @ 2004-11-29  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

As I told before, I want the grey box as defined in the page numbering
(see below) to appear with its outer border aligned to the outer border
of the outer margin.  Right now, it aligns with its inner border to the
inner border of the outer margin.  I tried with uitlijnen=buiten but
without success.

Here is a minimal file, as asked for :

\def\mijnpaginanummer#1%
	{\startkleur[wit]
	\inlijnd
kader=uit,achtergrond=kleur,achtergrondkleur=middelgrijs,breedte=2.5cm,h
oogte=1.1cm]%
	{#1}
	\stopkleur}
\stelnummeringin	[variant=dubbelzijdig,plaats={onder,inmarge},%
			commando={\mijnpaginanummer}]
\stellayoutin		[breedte=19cm,
			hoogte=14.9cm,
			kopwit=0cm,
			rugwit=1cm,
			hoofd=2.5cm,
			linkermarge=1.2cm,
			rechtermarge=1.2cm,
			linkermargeafstand=0cm,
			rechtermargeafstand=0cm]

Geert

* Re: pagenumbers in margin
@ 2004-11-29 10:36     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-11-29 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Geert,

your testfile just stops. No pdf output to have a look at!?!? Please
make sure that your testfile is complete (but minimal) so we can try
it out, without guessing.

 TeXExec 4.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-nl
             inputfile : test
                output : standard
             interface : nl
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2C 7.5.2)
 \write18 enabled.
 %&-line parsing enabled.
 (/opt/texlive/8/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex{/Users/pg/TeX/texmf/tex/generic/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2004.8.15  fmt: 2004.8.18  int: dutch  mes: dutch

[...]

korps          : 12pt rm wordt geladen
taal           : patronen 2:2-en-2 3:2-uk-2 4:2-de-2 5:2-fr-2 6:2-es-2 7:2-nl-2
 8:2-it-2 geladen
specials       : fdf,tpd geladen
systeem        : test.top geladen
(./test.top))
*

> \def\mijnpaginanummer#1%
> 	{\startkleur[wit]
> 	\inlijnd
> kader=uit,achtergrond=kleur,achtergrondkleur=middelgrijs,breedte=2.5cm,h
> oogte=1.1cm]%
> 	{#1}
> 	\stopkleur}
> \stelnummeringin	[variant=dubbelzijdig,plaats={onder,inmarge},%
> 			commando={\mijnpaginanummer}]
> \stellayoutin		[breedte=19cm,
> 			hoogte=14.9cm,
> 			kopwit=0cm,
> 			rugwit=1cm,
> 			hoofd=2.5cm,
> 			linkermarge=1.2cm,
> 			rechtermarge=1.2cm,
> 			linkermargeafstand=0cm,
> 			rechtermargeafstand=0cm]

Patrick
--

@ 2004-11-29 18:14     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-11-29 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

> \stelnummeringin
>    [variant=dubbelzijdig,
>     plaats=]
>
> \stelvoettekstenin

I am definitely doing too little ConTeXting at the moment.

Patrick
--

@ 2004-11-29 14:48 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-11-29 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"GEERT@telefonica.net" <GEERT@telefonica.net> writes:

> Sorry for being incomplete.  Below is an example that generates PDF.
> You will see the grey boxes with pagenumbers sticking out from the
> margins.  I want them not to stick out, but to move their outer border
> flush with the outer border of the margin.  What doesn't fit in the
> margin should go into the lower text area....

Ok, I see.

so you have

 (margin)
     |   | text
     |   | text
     |   | text
     |   |
 -----------
 |    1    |
 ___________

and you want

 |   | text
 |   | text
 |   | text
 |   |

I wonder if there is a \setuppagenumbering{location=inedge}, because
then you could use \llap{\omlijnd...} and \rlap{\omlijnd} for odd and
even pages respectively.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net