* Re: columnset BUG - (urgent!)
@ 2004-11-28 21:32 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-11-28 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma

thanks, that works now.
but do you also know the answer to the second bug:

When you uncomment the lines (testfile below)
the columnset gets 2 lines shorter!

I experienced this when I added before the literature component
a catalogue component that uses a structure like the commented lines do.
So I had two separate files actually!

Steffen

\starttext

\showframe
\showgrid

% oiuoiuoiuoiuoi \footnote{aaaa}
% \startcolumns[balance=yes,rule=off,n=2,distance=1cm]
% text \par
% text
% \stopcolumns
% gfdgfdgfdgfdgfdgfd \footnote{bbb}
% \page

\definecolumnset[litera][n=2,distance=1cm]

\startcolumnset[litera]

\dorecurse{10}{test \input zapf \input ward}

\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

* Re: columnset BUG - (urgent!)
@ 2004-11-29 11:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-11-29 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> thanks, that works now.
> but do you also know the answer to the second bug:
>
> When you uncomment the lines (testfile below)
> the columnset gets 2 lines shorter!
>
> I experienced this when I added before the literature component
> a catalogue component that uses a structure like the commented lines do.
> So I had two separate files actually!

In core-not, the next need to be replaced (or added in cont-new.tex)

\def\dosynchronizenotes
   {\ifvoid\currentnoteins\else\insert\currentnoteins{\unvbox\currentnoteins}\fi}

\def\synchronizenotes
   {\processnotes\dosynchronizenotes}

I'd messed up the void test -)

Hans

* Re: columnset BUG - (urgent!)
@ 2004-11-27 20:11 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2004-11-27 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please have a look at testfile below:
> without a footnote everything works fine,
> but with the footnote the columnset gets crashed!

this is a tricky situation:

- the note is built in one column mode
- but flushed in column mode (dus to postponing)
- so actually what you see is a mixture

you may try:

\starttext

\chapter{Heading\notesymbol[x]}

\definecolumnset[litera][n=2,distance=1cm]

\startcolumnset[litera]

\footnotetext[x]{xx}\dorecurse{10}{test \input zapf \input ward}

\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

or

\starttext

\definecolumnset[litera][n=2,distance=1cm]
\definecolumnsetspan[litera][n=2]

\startcolumnset[litera]

\startcolumnsetspan[litera]
\chapter{Heading\notesymbol[x]}
\stopcolumnsetspan

\footnotetext[x]{xx}\dorecurse{10}{test \input zapf \input ward}

\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

> I noticed this bug in a bigger book project:
> The columnset is at the end as a seperate document (\component).
> And the footnote was added 300 pages and 5 component files before !!!
>
> As this footnote was one of the last changes that were done
> before I wanted to send the book to the printer
> a fast help would be very much appreciated.
>
> Sorry, but it's really quite urgent -
>
> Steffen
>
> %&context
> \starttext
> \chapter{Heading\footnote{x}}
>
> \definecolumnset[litera][n=2,distance=1cm]
>
> \startcolumnset[litera]
>
> \dorecurse{10}{test \input zapf \input ward}
>

> \stopcolumnset
> \stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl