Hello Patrick, thank you very much! Hopely I understand right, that the command \setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch] ( or \setuptolerance[horizontal,verytolerant,stretch] ) will result to \tolerance 4500\emergencystretch\bodyfontsize :-) Richard Patrick Gundlach wrote: >Hello Richard, > > > >>could somebody explain me the usage of the \setuptolerance command and >>its particular parameters? >> >> > >I have put an explanation on texshow-web: >http://texshow.contextgarden.net > > > >>The main ConTeXt manual (cont-eni.pdf, pages 87-88) only mentions that >>it is used [horizontal,verystrict] and [vertical,strict] by >>default... >> >> > >I wonder what the vertical form is for (columns?). > > > >>On contextgarden.net I've found one example using the following form: >> >>\setuptolerance [{horizontal, verytolerant},{vertical, verystrict}] >> >> > >This looks incorrect to me. See my comment on texshow-web. > >Patrick > >