* RE: Recommended Books on Typesetting
@ 2004-11-28 19:55 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2004-11-28 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is a start:

http://members.aol.com/willadams/books-typography.html

http://members.aol.com/willadams/books-free-type.html

If you only get one get

The Elements of Typographic Style.
Bringhurst, Robert.

Best
Idris

<ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====
>Hi!
>
>I was wondering if anyone has any books to recommend, mainly in the area
>of typesetting, i.e., on TeX, typography, and so on.

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Recommended Books on Typesetting
@ 2004-11-28 19:24 Nikolai Weibull
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2004-11-28 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has any books to recommend, mainly in the area
of typesetting, i.e., on TeX, typography, and so on.

Personally, I can recommend Donald E. Knuth's "The TeXbook" and also his
book on MetaFont.

I am thinking of getting "The Complete Manual of Typography" by James
Felici, which seems to be a very good book on the subject.

I have also been looking for books by Hermann Zapf, but most seem to be
out of print and very, very expensive where available; anyone know if
they are worth their steep prices?  nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::