From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: At a loss how to proceed
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:00:09 +0100	[thread overview]

Matthias Weber wrote:
> I am afraid your question is to vague to be answerable.
>
> Hence here are two pieces of information that might or might not be useful:
>

> i) Mathematica 5.1 can convert TeX to MathML, at least
> to some extent. So it should at least in principle be possible to
> convert carefully crafted TeX files to MathML + XML.
> I don't know whether one can make ConTeXt do that, too.
> If yes, I am sure it is better than what Mathematica can offer.
>
> ii) Proofread your web pages with lynx (text-only).
> If you need formulas, use jpegs/pngs that have as a textual description
> a text that will be read as you would read the formula (eg:
> sum of 1 over n square for n from 1 to infinity equals pi squared over 6)

it all depends on where one starts: tex or xml; starting with pure tex, tex4ht
may be a solution; on the other hand, when one starts with xml, one can use
context to produce the pdf's and xst to make html documents.

Once you get accurstomed to it, editing in xml is not that bad and for math,
there are math(ml) editors to make the complex formulas.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE