* bookmark & UTF-8 accented characters
@ 2004-12-27 13:44 VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-27 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I have problem with bookmark when I use Vietnamese UTF-8 input encoding.
By using \placebookmarks[chapter,section] I got a bookmark with TeX
codes in chapter and section names instead of UTF-8 string like in
document. (see the shot
http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/pub/bookmark.png).

In LaTeX, IIRC, there is a command \texorpdfstring{st1}{st2} of
hyperref package which allows me to use st1 for the content and st2
(without accented characters) for bookmarks. Yes, I see the using a
non-accented string for vietnamese has no sense, but this is a
"workaround" for us for this moment :)

Any solution for this problem ?

Thank you in advance,

Q. NGUYEN-DAI

PS: I have done research around mailing archive but unfortunately I
not found the solution yet.

* Re: bookmark & UTF-8 accented characters
@ 2004-12-27 13:58 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-27 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have problem with bookmark when I use Vietnamese UTF-8 input encoding.
> By using \placebookmarks[chapter,section] I got a bookmark with TeX
> codes in chapter and section names instead of UTF-8 string like in
> document. (see the shot
> http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/pub/bookmark.png).

i wonder what the bottomaccent does there

maybe  \PDFunicodetrue helps

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-27 15:13   ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-27 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:58:54 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have problem with bookmark when I use Vietnamese UTF-8 input encoding.
> > By using \placebookmarks[chapter,section] I got a bookmark with TeX
> > codes in chapter and section names instead of UTF-8 string like in
> > document. (see the shot
> > http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/pub/bookmark.png).
>
> i wonder what the bottomaccent does there
>
> maybe  \PDFunicodetrue helps

How to try it ? I added a line "\PDFunicodetrue" at top of my code and
the problem is still here  :(

Thank you,

* Re: bookmark & UTF-8 accented characters
@ 2004-12-27 15:33     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-27 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:

> How to try it ? I added a line "\PDFunicodetrue" at top of my code and
> the problem is still here  :(

can you make me a small example file ?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-27 16:28       ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-12-27 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:33:45 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> >
> > How to try it ? I added a line "\PDFunicodetrue" at top of my code and
> > the problem is still here  :(
>
> can you make me a small example file ?

Sure, here is my example:
http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/context/test-bookmark.tex

The PDF output is :
http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/context/test-bookmark.pdf

I found also that all UTF-8 strings "title", "author" defined in
\setupinteraction are not correctly displayed in "Summary" of Acrobat
reader 5.0.10 (Linux).

I use tetex 2.99.7-beta and here is info:
 TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004

                --help   overview of all options and their values
            --help all   all about all options
          --help short   just the main options
   --help mode ... pdf   all about a few options
        --help '*.pdf'   all about options containing 'pdf'

            more info    http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mtexexec.pdf

Thank you for your support,
Regards,

Quy NGUYEN-DAI

PS: If you can not download my files, I'll send to you directly. Just
tell me in this case :)

* Re: bookmark & UTF-8 accented characters
@ 2004-12-27 17:03         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-27 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:33:45 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>VnPenguin wrote:
>>
>>>How to try it ? I added a line "\PDFunicodetrue" at top of my code and
>>>the problem is still here  :(
>>
>>can you make me a small example file ?
>

> Sure, here is my example:
> http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/context/test-bookmark.tex
>
> The PDF output is :
> http://people.vnoss.org/~vnpenguin/context/test-bookmark.pdf
>
> I found also that all UTF-8 strings "title", "author" defined in
> \setupinteraction are not correctly displayed in "Summary" of Acrobat
> reader 5.0.10 (Linux).

actually i can get it working on my machine, but i need to tweak the pdf file

it seems that i commented some code because pdftex lacks a feature -)

i'll send you a pdf file; let's get thanh in the loop because we need a patch to
the bookmark primitive

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-27 17:07         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-27 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:33:45 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>VnPenguin wrote:
>>
>>>How to try it ? I added a line "\PDFunicodetrue" at top of my code and
>>>the problem is still here  :(

of course one can also extend enco-pdf to map characters to accentless ones

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE