* Re: mswincontext.zip and pdfTeX 1.20b ?
@ 2005-01-04 13:34 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2005-01-04 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> > Hi Hans, happy new year!
> >
> > When do you think you could provide us a mswincontext.zip
> > that includes pdfTeX 1.20b ?
>
> when i have a pdftex 20b binary
>
> Hans

I was asking for this on comp.text.tex
and Hans Fredrik Nordhaug just told
that MiKTeX has updated to version 1.20b.

Steffen

* Re: mswincontext.zip and pdfTeX 1.20b ?
@ 2005-01-04 15:23 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-01-04 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

During this conversation I visited also CTAN. Indeed there is a  120b
version in FPTEX.

Willi

@ 2005-01-04 16:58   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-04 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During this conversation I visited also CTAN. Indeed there is a  120b
> version in FPTEX.

that's the november b-beta

anyhow, before i can regenerate zips i need to clean up some trees (i now have
to move from texlive to my local trees for updating since tex liv eis frozen for
a while)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-01-03 16:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-03 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-01-03 15:07 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2005-01-03 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma

Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:

> Hi Steffen,
>
> if my installation is not yet outdated:
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.3)
> ConTeXt  ver: 2004.12.06
>
> then the annswer is no.
> As you can see my installation based on mswincontext.zip is just 3 weeks
> old.
>
> Kind regards Willi
>
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am thinking about downloading the big complete mswincontext.zip
> > (context/install/mswincontext.zip).
> >
> > Does it also include pdfTeX 1.20b ?
> >
> > I just want to be sure before starting a day long 56k-modem-download.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Steffen

P.S. Happy new year!

* Re: mswincontext.zip and pdfTeX 1.20b ?
@ 2005-01-02 20:02   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-01-02 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Steffen,

On top of what I said just a couple of minutes ago:

On the TEXlive DVD there is a root/context folder. Herunder there is a
minimal distribution of CONTEXT. This distribution offers also Scite. I
do not know what the advantage of the 120b version compared to 120a
version of pdfTeX is. Furthermore if you do not use Scite, you could
download the mstex.zip which is roughly 38MB instead of 140MB ...
I downloaded myself also the mswintex.zip. Later I added Scite.

Willi

@ 2005-01-02 19:42 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-01-02 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-01-02 19:11 Steffen Wolfrum