* Bib module produces no output
@ 2005-01-02 14:44 David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2005-01-02 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hello,

bib module of 30-8-2004 produces no bibliography list on
\placepublications with ConTeXt 2004.12.17 (last stable) and/or latest
beta.

The workaround is to use
\setuplist[pubs][criterium=all]
somewhere in the setup.

Can you please make including the whole bibliography make the default?
I'm pretty sure that's what everybody expects :-)

Thanks,
D.A.

--
Women have a wonderful instinct about things.  They can discover
everything except the obvious.

* Re: Bib module produces no output
@ 2005-01-02 14:58 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-01-02 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

This item has remained on my todo list because the 'criterium=all'
seemed at the time to be a bug in context itself. Will fix soon.

@ 2005-01-02 22:01   ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2005-01-02 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 03:58:15PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> This item has remained on my todo list because the 'criterium=all'
> seemed at the time to be a bug in context itself. Will fix soon.

Hello,

thanks, nevertheless, more things seem to be broken with lists now.

I often use
\setupcombinedlist
  [content]
  [alternative=c]

It should (and used to) produce a list with dot leaders between names
and page numbers. It doesn't in the last stable. (I've tried to look
into core-lst, but it's too complicated for me :-)

Alternatives a, b, and c produce number-title-spaces-pagenumber,
d, e, f, and g seem to be correct.

Can you please have a look?

Thanks,
D.A.

--
Sir Humphrey: "The purpose of minutes is not to record events, it is
to protect people."

* Re: Bib module produces no output
@ 2005-01-03 11:17     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-03 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

> Alternatives a, b, and c produce number-title-spaces-pagenumber,
> d, e, f, and g seem to be correct.
>
> Can you please have a look?

ah, some dutch left-overs in the interface translation:

search for variant in core-lst,tex:

\def\@@lialternativea% nr - tit - pag
   {\def\lijstfill{\hskip .25em}% omdat nu check
    \def\lijstskip{0em}%
    \def\lijstwidth{2em}}

\def\@@lialternativeb% nr - tit - fill - pag
   {\def\lijstfill{\hfill}%  was \hskip.5em\hfill
    \def\lijstskip{5em}%
    \def\lijstwidth{2em}}

\def\@@lialternativec% nr - tit - dots - pag
   {\def\lijstfill{\hskip.5em\lijstdots\hskip.5em}%
    \def\lijstskip{5em}%
    \def\lijstwidth{0pt}}

\def\@@lialternative
   {\@@lialternativeb}

\@@lialternativeb

(even better: \setvalue{\??li\c!alternative a}% ....)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-01-03 12:42       ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2005-01-03 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:17:34PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >Alternatives a, b, and c produce number-title-spaces-pagenumber,
> >d, e, f, and g seem to be correct.
> >
> >Can you please have a look?
>
> ah, some dutch left-overs in the interface translation:
>
> search for variant in core-lst,tex:

sorry, I don't follow you :-(. What I'm saying is that alternatives a,
b, and c produce the same result (equal to `b' setting).

I expect this to expand to the macros you've cited in the end, so I
expect that
\setupcombinedlist
  [content]
  [alternative=c]
should work.

> \def\@@lialternative
>   {\@@lialternativeb}
>
> \@@lialternativeb
>
> (even better: \setvalue{\??li\c!alternative a}% ....)

OK, how should this help? I've tried all of them in the setup (with
other alternatives like a or c, too), only the first \def goes without
error and has no effect, though.

Thanks and sorry for being a bit slow,
D.A.

--
Q:      How many hardware engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A:      None.  We'll fix it in software.

* Re: Bib module produces no output
@ 2005-01-03 17:05         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-03 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Antos wrote:

>>\def\@@lialternative
>>  {\@@lialternativeb}
>>
>>\@@lialternativeb
>>
>>(even better: \setvalue{\??li\c!alternative a}% ....)

just move that code into core-lst.tex (search for 'variant' to locate the old
versions)

> OK, how should this help? I've tried all of them in the setup (with
> other alternatives like a or c, too), only the first \def goes without
> error and has no effect, though.

when patched, regenerate the format

[so effectively, in the code, '*variantc' becomes '*alternativec']

> Thanks and sorry for being a bit slow,

no problem,

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-01-04 10:00 ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2005-01-04 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Antos wrote:

> Can you please make including the whole bibliography make the default?
> I'm pretty sure that's what everybody expects :-)

  Definitely not.  I don't know about you, but I'd very much prefer to
use the same .bib file for different articles/texts.  Numerous groups
in this and other universities even use a collective .bib file for
all the researchers.  (We are just doing too diverse things in this
group for that.)

rgeards,
	Christopher Creutzig

* Re: Bib module produces no output
@ 2005-01-04 10:34   ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2005-01-04 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:00:51AM +0100, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>  Definitely not.  I don't know about you, but I'd very much prefer to
> use the same .bib file for different articles/texts.  Numerous groups
> in this and other universities even use a collective .bib file for
> all the researchers.  (We are just doing too diverse things in this
> group for that.)

Hello,

don't worry, that is not the point. What I wanted is to include all
bibliographies cited in the work, not just the current chapter (which is
empty if you have a separate "bibliography chapter").

It has nothing to do with choosing the entries from .bib file. This
should include cited entries only and all entries as an option (as we're
used to).

D.A.

--
In host we trust
-- Cheswick, Bellowin, Rubin: Firewalls and Internet Security

* Re: Bib module produces no output
@ 2005-01-04 17:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-04 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Antos wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:00:51AM +0100, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>
>> Definitely not.  I don't know about you, but I'd very much prefer to
>>use the same .bib file for different articles/texts.  Numerous groups
>>in this and other universities even use a collective .bib file for
>>all the researchers.  (We are just doing too diverse things in this
>>group for that.)
>

> Hello,
>
> don't worry, that is not the point. What I wanted is to include all
> bibliographies cited in the work, not just the current chapter (which is
> empty if you have a separate "bibliography chapter").
>
> It has nothing to do with choosing the entries from .bib file. This
> should include cited entries only and all entries as an option (as we're
> used to).

i an look into it but then i need some files [indeed a minimal example] to test
with; i don't have bib tex files and/or files using them on my system

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-01-04 18:21       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-01-04 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)