* Acrobat Reader 7.0(beta) for Linux
@ 2005-01-06 10:11 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2005-01-06 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

as Heise.de is informing (06.01.2005 10:44), Adobe offers now AR7.

"Adobe provides Acrobat Reader 7 for Linux [Update]

Adobe provides a beta version of the free Adobe Reader 7 for Linux,
shortly after the release of the PDF generator Acrobat 7. Interested
parties can register for the beta program at the reader-download page [1].
[...] As previously announced, in Acrobat Reader 7 a Yahoo toolbar is
installed, which blocks pop ups and aids with the internet search."

[1] http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I've to admit that I couldn't find it there, but I was told that one can
find it here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix
(though I fail to open that page, maybe to many people read heise.de).

Tobias

PS: A bit late happy new year wishes to all.

* Re: Acrobat Reader 7.0(beta) for Linux
@ 2005-01-06 10:35 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-01-06 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a link that allows you to apply for Adobe's 'beta program'.
The link worked for me, perhaps because the website recognized my
Linux machine correctly?

Whether or not you actually get to test the Reader 7 is decided
by somebody at Adobe (Q.A. department, probably). The good news is
that there is apparently going to be a Reader 7 for Unix released,
the bad news is that you can't get at it right now.

@ 2005-01-07  9:43   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2005-01-07  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> This is a link that allows you to apply for Adobe's 'beta program'.
> The link worked for me, perhaps because the website recognized my
> Linux machine correctly?
Well, I found it also after I sent the email (I was looking too low).
> Whether or not you actually get to test the Reader 7 is decided
> by somebody at Adobe (Q.A. department, probably). The good news is
> that there is apparently going to be a Reader 7 for Unix released,
> the bad news is that you can't get at it right now.
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Well, I think one can register again. I did yesterday, didn't hear
anything but after loging in again today, I was able to download the
.rpm (or tar.gz) version.

I'm going to test it now ...

Tobias