* ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-11 23:08 Matthias C. Schmidt
From: Matthias C. Schmidt @ 2005-01-11 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

After the last update ConTeXt has problems with fonts unter miktex.

from the log:

[1.1{original-empty.map}{texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map
Warning: pdfetex (file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map): invalid entry
for `texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold': invalid font file name

the entry in the map-file:

texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold 4 < CronosPro-Bold.pfb texnansiOSFSC.enc

Before update all worked fine. Nothing has changed. The .enc files are
under fonts/enc and in the miktex.ini the path is set on it (under
pdfetex). ConTeXt/pdfetex don't find any font file (but under LaTeX all
is o.k.). I red that there are have to changed any variables, but I
don't know how I have to do this under miktex (miktex.ini looks well for
paths). Why it doesn't work now?

Thanks in advance, Matthias

* Re: ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-12  0:36 ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2005-01-12  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-pdftex

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Matthias C. Schmidt wrote:

> After the last update ConTeXt has problems with fonts unter miktex.
>
> from the log:
>
> [1.1{original-empty.map}{texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map
> Warning: pdfetex (file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map): invalid entry for
> `texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold': invalid font file name
>
> the entry in the map-file:
>
> texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold 4 < CronosPro-Bold.pfb texnansiOSFSC.enc

Please remove the blank after the "<":

texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold 4 <CronosPro-Bold.pfb texnansiOSFSC.enc

Is it working then?

I'm guilty for this change (anywhere else this blank is missing, but it
was definitively allowed as i see now -- an undocumented feature).

What is the origin of file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map? Is it from
somewhere distributed or written by yourself?

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: [NTG-pdftex] Re: ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-12  8:29   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-12  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hartmut Henkel wrote:

> Please remove the blank after the "<":

hm, i ran intro something like that recently, pdftex was never sensitive to
blanks there, so i have map files with blanks (since there can be blanks
everywhere i see no reason for a restiction there); makes the file more readable

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE