* 3D MetaPost tool:3DLDF
@ 2005-01-13 12:52 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2005-01-13 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

3DLDF might be interesting to some of you. I have not tested it, but it
seems to use a similar language to MetaPost (but with 3D coordinates)
and generates real MetaPost.

http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/

| My primary purpose in writing 3DLDF was to make it possible to use
MetaPost for
| three-dimensional drawing. I've always enjoyed using MetaPost, and
thought it was
| a shame that I could only use it for making two-dimensional drawings.
3DLDF is a
| front-end that operates on three-dimensional data, performs the necessary
| calculations for the projection onto two dimensions, and writes its
output in the form
| of MetaPost code.
|
| While 3DLDF's data types and operations are modelled on those of
Metafont and
| MetaPost, and while the only form of output 3DLDF currently produces
is MetaPost
| code, it is nonetheless not in principle tied to MetaPost. It could be
modified to
| produce PostScript code directly, or output in other formats. It would
also be possible
| to modify 3DLDF so that it could be used for creating graphics
interactively on a
| terminal, by means of an appropriate interface to the computer's
graphics hardware.

Tobias

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-13 12:52 UTC | newest]