From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec@guest.arnes.si>
Subject: Re: dictionary for TeX,/ConTeXt
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:14:37 +0100	[thread overview]

ishamid wrote:

> I use WinEdt too, but how do you directly type unicode? Or is it a keyboard
> thing?

It has nothing to do with keyboard, only with the software use use.
But, hmmm, see ... http://www.winedt.org/poll.php

Unicode support is one of the "which features do you miss most?", so it
doesn't really look promising, at least not yet.

(I actually used LaTeX & \usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc} and typeset in
windows-1250 at the time I used WinEDT. I don't have it installed any
more. But if everything else fails, you can still use recode -
http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/recode/.)

vim supports UTF (I have problems typing UTF under windows) and most
advanced text editors should support it also; I use scite for
(Con)TeX(t) in unicode recently. I've just found
http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/SciTE/WordCheck.vbs.txt on
internet, which is probably exactly the thing Ciro was looking for, but
I wasn't able to execute it, maybe I have some programs missing.

(Line: 49, Error: Object not a collection)

If anyone else succeeds to enable it, please report about your success.

Aspell is of course another possibility (thanks, Nikolai). This is what
you have to add to SciTEUser.properties:

command.name.1.*=Aspell
# Change path appropriately...
command.1.*="C:\PATH\Aspell.exe" -c $(FileDir)\$(FileNameExt)
command.subsystem.1.*=2

Mojca