* Combine overlapping margin notes with separator
@ 2018-03-19  8:39 Benjamin Epstein
From: Benjamin Epstein @ 2018-03-19  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello!

I am typesetting a text with line numbers in the margin and am interested
in combining them if two should end up on the same line, dividing them with
a comma or something like that.  With the code below, the first line of the
output contains an overlapping "1" and "2" in the margin.  I would like the
"1" and "2" not to be overlapping, nor to be stacked like
\setupmargindata[stack=yes] would get me, but rather to automatically
combine those that would overlap to get something like "1,2".

Current output: https://i.imgur.com/RaTQ1ZO.png
Desired output: https://i.imgur.com/oWKigTX.png

Is there a reliable way to implement this?  Any help would be appreciated!

***

\starttext

\inmargin{1}Now we are engaged in a great civil war.
\inmargin{2}We are testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived
and so dedicated, can long endure.
\inmargin{3}We are met on a great battle-field of that war.

\stoptext

***

Thank you,
Benjamin

* Re: Combine overlapping margin notes with separator
@ 2018-03-29  4:34 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2018-03-29  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bump!

@ 2018-03-29  8:59   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-03-29  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/29/2018 6:34 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Bump!

thers is currently no mechanism to collect entries (one can stack them
but no auto-separator)

@ 2018-03-29 10:01     ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2018-03-29 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/29/2018 09:59 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/29/2018 6:34 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
>> Bump!
>
> thers is currently no mechanism to collect entries (one can stack them
> but no auto-separator)

What about horizontal stacking?  (If it is already available, it is not
clearly documented)