* hyphenation mess
@ 2005-02-02 12:41 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-02 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

When generating new minimal trees, i found out that the us patterns are now
again in hyphen.tex and the uk patterns also got a new name. It is a that the
naming of pattern files is a mess, and that some pattern files are not in the
right spot, and things are not improving. The fact that this is solved with the
fuzzy aliasses mechanism in web2c does not help, since this is implementation
dependent and makes the texmf tree not sharable.

I'll try to catch the new names in the next version, and in the meantime start
wondering if it makes sense to add consistently names and structured hyphenation
files to the context distribution.

[similar things are happening with fonts and related enc files; the next release
of context [alpha first] will be pure latin modern based and my guess is that it
will take a while till lm support migrates into distributions, so i will put a
zip with the font files needed alongside the context zip]

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: hyphenation mess
@ 2005-02-02 13:03 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-02-02 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll try to catch the new names in the next version, and in the meantime
> start wondering if it makes sense to add consistently names and
> structured hyphenation files to the context distribution.

I vote in favour of cont-pat.zip.

Greetings, Taco

* Re: hyphenation mess
@ 2005-02-02 13:30 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-02-02 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> I'll try to catch the new names in the next version, and in the meantime
> start wondering if it makes sense to add consistently names and
> structured hyphenation files to the context distribution.

Its a pitty that there is no consense on these aspects. - I still vote
for the cont-pattern solution.

> [similar things are happening with fonts and related enc files; the next
> release of context [alpha first] will be pure latin modern based and my
> guess is that it will take a while till lm support migrates into
> distributions, so i will put a zip with the font files needed alongside
> the context zip]

this certaintly a wise decision in the context of the above stated ...

Kind regards Willi