* title, subject & table of contents
@ 2005-02-11 21:22 VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-02-11 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
When I use:
\setuplist
	[chapter]
	[before=\blank,
	after=\blank,
	style=bold]
\setuplist [section] [alternative=c]

\starttext

\placelist[chapter,section][alternative=c]

\chapter{One}
\section{One A}
Blahblah
\section{One B}
Blahblah

\chapter{Two}
\section{Two A}
Blahblah
\section{Two B}
Blahblah

\stoptext
I got TOC perfectly.
But if I replace \chapter by \title; \section by \subject, I can not
have a TOC at all. This is the code:
\setuplist
	[title]
	[before=\blank,
	after=\blank,
	style=bold]
\setuplist [subject] [alternative=c]

\starttext

\placelist[title,subject][alternative=c]

\title{One}
\subject{One A}
Blahblah
\subject{One B}
Blahblah

\title{Two}
\subject{Two A}
Blahblah
\subject{Two B}
Blahblah

\stoptext
Any ideas for help me ?
Thank you in advance,

Quy NGUYEN-DAI

* Re: title, subject & table of contents
@ 2005-02-12 20:00 ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2005-02-12 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I had a similar problem some weeks ago. Here's what Hans wrote in
November 2004:

> \title never ends up in the toc, unless configured
>
> however, you can add section structure (bodypart, appendix, etc) and
> within such a part, a \chapter command will act as \title (toc entry,
> but no number)
>
> Hans

HTH

Thomas

@ 2005-02-13  0:02   ` VnPenguin
       [not found]     ` <r02010400-1037-94D012827DB411D998ED000A95D0F804@10.0.1.2>
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-02-13  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:00:22 +0100, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a similar problem some weeks ago. Here's what Hans wrote in
> November 2004:
>
> > \title never ends up in the toc, unless configured
> >
> > however, you can add section structure (bodypart, appendix, etc) and
> > within such a part, a \chapter command will act as \title (toc entry,
> > but no number)

Thank you.
I try :
----------------------------
\setuphead
    [chapter]
    [number=no]
------------------------------------
and use \chapter instead of \title. So I can obtain the TOC. But I
dont why there is no clickable link in the TOC at all :(

Any ideas ?

* Re: title, subject & table of contents
@ 2005-02-13 11:44     ` cormullion
       [not found]     ` <r02010400-1037-94D012827DB411D998ED000A95D0F804@10.0.1.2>
From: cormullion @ 2005-02-13 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin <vnpenguin@gmail.com> said on 2005-02-13, 1:02 (+0100 GMT):

> ----------------------------
> \setuphead
>     [chapter]
>     [number=no]
> ------------------------------------
> and use \chapter instead of \title. So I can obtain the TOC. But I
> dont why there is no clickable link in the TOC at all :(

\setuplist[chapter,section][interaction=all] ?

* Re: title, subject & table of contents
@ 2005-02-13 12:59 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-02-13 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:

> But if I replace \chapter by \title; \section by \subject, I can not
> have a TOC at all. This is the code:

that's because those are not written to the list;

\startfrontmatter
\charter{xxx}
\stopfrontmatter

gives you unnumbered entries but written to the list;

(it is possible to configure section handlers to number, write to list etc, but
this is the easiest way)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-13 15:04       ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-02-13 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:44:11 +0000, cormullion <cormullion@mac.com> wrote:
> VnPenguin <vnpenguin@gmail.com> said on 2005-02-13, 1:02 (+0100 GMT):
>
> > ----------------------------
> > \setuphead
> >     [chapter]
> >     [number=no]
> > and use \chapter instead of \title. So I can obtain the TOC. But I
> > dont why there is no clickable link in the TOC at all :(
>
> \setuplist[chapter,section][interaction=all] ?

Great! works well ;)
Thank you so much,
Q.