* Re: Hyphenation exception list
       [not found] <000801c51386$13a3e260$cd050a0a@jlyond800>
@ 2005-02-15 17:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack M. Lyon wrote:

locate and edit:

  kpsewhich texmf.cnf

(or: texmfstart --direct <youreditor> kpse:texf.cnf)

adapt:

buf_size.context         =  200000 % needed for omega bug
extra_mem_bot.context    = 2000000
extra_mem_top.context    = 4000000
font_max.context         =    2000
font_mem_size.context    = 1000000
hash_extra.context       =   65000
main_memory.context      = 1500000
max_strings.context      =  200000
nest_size.context        =     500
obj_tab_size.context     =  300000 % 8388607
pdf_mem_size.context     =  500000 % 524288
dest_names_size.context  =  300000 % 131072
param_size.context       =   10000
pool_free.context        =   47500
pool_size.context        = 1250000
save_size.context        =   50000
stack_size.context       =   10000
string_vacancies.context =   90000
trie_size.context        =  250000 % patterns

regenerate the formats since they depend on such settings

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 18:43   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-02-15 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Jack M. Lyon wrote:
>
> locate and edit:
>
>  kpsewhich texmf.cnf
>
> (or: texmfstart --direct <youreditor> kpse:texf.cnf)
>
> adapt:

missed one:

hyph_size.context = 1000 % hyphenation exceptions

* Re: Hyphenation exception list
@ 2005-02-15 18:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> missed one:
>
> hyph_size.context = 1000 % hyphenation exceptions

ah, i didn't know that one, thanks

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* texsync - help
@ 2005-02-15 22:55       ` Ciro A. Soto
From: Ciro A. Soto @ 2005-02-15 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just discover the existance of texsync by browsing
the manuals.
I tried to update the manuals and it worked fine in a
$HOME/tmp directory.

I am kind of skeptical in updating the whole context
installation because I don't know the proper
destination option.

I installed tex using texlive2004, and it created a
directory /usr/local/texlive2004/  in my Fedora3
linux.

I wonder if the following command would do
the job wihout harm:

texsync --full --update --force
--destination=/usr/local/texlive2004

and what else should I do afterward.

thank you
Ciro

* Re: texsync - help
@ 2005-02-16 14:59         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-16 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciro A. Soto wrote:
> I just discover the existance of texsync by browsing
> the manuals.
> I tried to update the manuals and it worked fine in a
> $HOME/tmp directory.
>
> I am kind of skeptical in updating the whole context
> installation because I don't know the proper
> destination option.
>
> I installed tex using texlive2004, and it created a
> directory /usr/local/texlive2004/  in my Fedora3
> linux.
>
> I wonder if the following command would do
> the job wihout harm:
>
> texsync --full --update --force
> --destination=/usr/local/texlive2004

locate the local tree

   kpsewhich --expand-var=$TEXMFLOCAL

and sycn (or unzip) the files to that location

btw, if you rsync the whole tree, you will get a minimal context tree, i.e. a
subset of texlive, and that can best be installed outside the texlive tree

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 10:35         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack M. Lyon wrote:
> Ah, but now I run into another problem. ConTeXt will only accept about
> twenty-two words in a list. I need to include about 100. Even if I use
> multiple lists, it can't handle more words. Does anyone have a solution for
> this? Maybe there's another way to set up a hyphenation exception list.

context? probably tex itself; what happens when you increse the mem settings in
texmf.cnf?

hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 10:34       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>  > ... should work
>
>> \input hyphenlist
>> \input hyphenlist.tex
>

> And, with that filename, the next two variants will not work:
>
>  \input{hyphenlist}
>  \input{hyphenlist}.tex
>

> That is, unless you went through the trouble of
> creating a file with braces in the name ;-)

some time agho on this list someone was doing that -)

so, (unless i spoiled it again),

   \externalfigure[who{wants}such{names}.pdf]

should work

btw, the latest greatest tex binaries accept

\input "olderversionsonwindowsalreadyhadthisfeature"

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 10:32     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack M. Lyon wrote:
> Sorry, the name of my file, is hyphen.tex, not hyphen.text. Slip of the
> finger. :)

bad name, that will replace the main us hyphen file, which nowadays is called
hyphen.tex (used to be ushyph ushyp1 ushyp2 and whatever)

hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 10:31   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack M. Lyon wrote:

> Then, I'd like to keep these in a separate file that I can call from any
> ConTeXt document, something like this:
>
> \input{hyphenlist}

\input hyphenlist

or more robust

\readfile{hyphenlist}
   {\writestatus{myself}{loading went ok}}
   {\writestatus{myself}{i've messed up}}

> When I try this, however (for a file named hyphenlist.text), I get this
> error message:
>
> ! I can't find file `{hyph}'.

because that's not your filename (the {'s)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-14 23:26       ` Jack M. Lyon
From: Jack M. Lyon @ 2005-02-14 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah, but now I run into another problem. ConTeXt will only accept about
twenty-two words in a list. I need to include about 100. Even if I use
multiple lists, it can't handle more words. Does anyone have a solution for
this? Maybe there's another way to set up a hyphenation exception list.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Jack M. Lyon

The EDITORIUM
Microsoft Word Add-Ins for Publishing Professionals
http://www.editorium.com

@ 2005-02-14 22:53     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-02-14 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-02-14 22:10   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-02-14 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack M. Lyon wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt experts:
>
> I'm trying to create an external list of hyphenation exceptions.
>
> I believe this command is what I need:
>
> \hyphenation{ex-ample}
>
> But I would like to make a whole list of these:
>
> \hyphenation{ex-ample}
> \hyphenation{disc-iple}
> \hyphenation{woman}

You can save some bytes:

\hyphenation{ex-ample disc-iple woman}

> Then, I'd like to keep these in a separate file that I can call from any
> ConTeXt document, something like this:
>
> \input{hyphenlist}
>
> When I try this, however (for a file named hyphenlist.text), I get this
> error message:
>
> ! I can't find file `{hyph}'.
> l.88 \input{hyph}

 > Sorry, the name of my file, is hyphen.tex, not hyphen.text. Slip of

Looks like very file-name mishmash.

hyphenlist.tex or hyphenlist.text or hyphen.tex or hyphen.text ???

BTW, hyphen.tex is not suitable file-name, since one might already be in
the distribution. If our file-name is hyphenlist.tex
(try `kpsewhich hyphenlist.tex`) then both variants should work
\input hyphenlist
\input hyphenlist.tex

vit

* RE: Hyphenation exception list
@ 2005-02-14 21:40   ` Jack M. Lyon
From: Jack M. Lyon @ 2005-02-14 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, the name of my file, is hyphen.tex, not hyphen.text. Slip of the
finger. :)

Best wishes,
Jack M. Lyon

The EDITORIUM
Microsoft Word Add-Ins for Publishing Professionals
http://www.editorium.com
> Subject: [NTG-context] Hyphenation exception list
>

> Dear ConTeXt experts:
>
> I'm trying to create an external list of hyphenation exceptions.
>
> I believe this command is what I need:
>
> \hyphenation{ex-ample}
>
> But I would like to make a whole list of these:
>
> \hyphenation{ex-ample}
> \hyphenation{disc-iple}
> \hyphenation{woman}
>
> And so on.
>
> Then, I'd like to keep these in a separate file that I can
> call from any
> ConTeXt document, something like this:
>
> \input{hyphenlist}
>
> When I try this, however (for a file named hyphenlist.text),
> I get this
> error message:
>
> ! I can't find file `{hyph}'.
> l.88 \input{hyph}
>
> Please type another input file name: Terminating on signal
> SIGBREAK(21)
> >Exit code: -1073741510
>
> Is there a way to implement such a hyphenation list?
>
> Thanks so much for your help.
>
> Best wishes,
> Jack M. Lyon
>
> The EDITORIUM
> Microsoft Word Add-Ins for Publishing Professionals
> http://www.editorium.com

* Hyphenation exception list
@ 2005-02-14 21:07 ` Jack M. Lyon
                     ` (2 more replies)