* arabtex support
@ 2005-02-22  2:54 mohd zamri murah
       [not found] ` <421D14E0.7000602@wxs.nl>
From: mohd zamri murah @ 2005-02-22  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

there is a thread a while back about this from R. Elmers. search
contextgarden.net for detail.

I am using context 2005.31.1 and arabtex 3.11m on MacOSX ,  bas-ed on gwTeX.

I did play around this and found a few interesting things. The result
is simply wonderful. \placecontent and \section can appear in arabic!

1) I rename font-arb.tex to m-arabtex.tex and \usemodule[arabtex]. it
works. ( as to why it works and was it OK to do it, I cannot explain )

2) need to add at top of document , ( probably any font definition )
font-arb.tex did mention something about font macro.
    \usetypescript[postscript]
    \switchtotypeface[postscript]

if you did not, the body text will appear in \em .

3) there is some spurious arabic text, align left. I believe there is
bug in \startarabic ... \stoparabic code.

my request;
can Hans look over font-arb.tex, see if there need  some
updating/changes. It was written way back in 1999. can font-arb be
turn into a module?

My reason;
I am hoping to write a paper using jawi script, which is supported by
arabtex. I am aware of omega, aleph + context , xetex. but,
unfortunately, these 3 doesn't have the necessary jawi glyph.

with a bit of polishing, it believe arabext and context would be a
great tool for me.

many thanks in advance.

minimal test file below
=============== test.tex ===========================
\usemodule[arabtex]

\usetypescript[postscript]
\switchtotypeface[postscript]
% without this lines, body font appear in \em

\setarab % \<..> will not work if we skip this
\novocalize

\starttext
\placecontent

\section{\<mu.hammad>} % short arabic use \< .. >
\startarabic
mu.hammad 'i_d q"aAm zay"d" + i_d yaqUm zyd + A_d zyd q"aAm

mu.hammad 'i_d q"aAm zay"d" + i_d yaqUm zyd + A_d zyd q"aAm
\stoparabic

\section{\<al-maq.sad>}
\startarabic
mu.hammad 'i_d q"aAm zay"d" + i_d yaqUm zyd + A_d zyd q"aAm
\stoparabic

\stoptext

zamri