* Fixed spaces & overfullrule
@ 2005-03-02 19:13 Mats Broberg
From: Mats Broberg @ 2005-03-02 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear listmembers,

I have two questions tonight:

1: Is it possible to define and then use different kind of fixed and
non-breaking spaces in ConTeXt? For something I am working with I need
1/8th of an em, 1/4th of an em, and 1/3rd of an em - but would ideally
want to be able to define any kind of fraction of an em.

2: Is it possible to have the overfull rules printed out in the margins?
That way one can flip through the pages fast and instantly get an idea
of the quality of the typesetting.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

* Re: Fixed spaces & overfullrule
@ 2005-03-02 19:35 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-03-02 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Mats Broberg wrote:

> 2: Is it possible to have the overfull rules printed out in the margins?
> That way one can flip through the pages fast and instantly get an idea
> of the quality of the typesetting.

\version[temporary]
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* RE: Fixed spaces & overfullrule
@ 2005-03-02 19:46   ` Mats Broberg
From: Mats Broberg @ 2005-03-02 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter,

Thanks - is there a similar method to display 'underfull' lines?

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

@ 2005-03-02 20:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-02 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mats Broberg wrote:
> Dear listmembers,
>
> I have two questions tonight:
>
> 1: Is it possible to define and then use different kind of fixed and
> non-breaking spaces in ConTeXt? For something I am working with I need
> 1/8th of an em, 1/4th of an em, and 1/3rd of an em - but would ideally
> want to be able to define any kind of fraction of an em.

predefined:

\definehspace [\v!small]   [.25\emspaceamount]
\definehspace [\v!medium]  [.5\emspaceamount]
\definehspace [\v!big]     [1\emspaceamount]
\definehspace [\v!normal]  [1\spaceamount]
\definehspace [\v!default] [\spaceamount]

to be used as:

test \hspace[small] test\hspace[small]test

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE