* gsftopk failing after upgrade
@ 2005-03-04 22:35 Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-04 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded
yesterday to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional
fonts installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:

texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in

and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following

map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map

but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
the fonts

[flush and process sol10-web-mpgraph.mp afterwards]kpathsea: Running
mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 72 --mag 1+52/72 --dpi 124 texnansi-raw-ssr
mktexpk: Running gsftopk texnansi-raw-ssr 124
gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2Cannot find font file
grep: texnansi-raw-ssr.log: No such file or directory
mktexpk: `gsftopk texnansi-raw-ssr 124' failed to make
texnansi-raw-ssr.124pk.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
  )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-ssr): kpathsea: Running mktexpk
--mfmode / --bdpi 72 --mag 1+0/72 --dpi 72 texnansi-raw-ssr
mktexpk: Running gsftopk texnansi-raw-ssr 72
gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2Cannot find font file
grep: texnansi-raw-ssr.log: No such file or directory
mktexpk: `gsftopk texnansi-raw-ssr 72' failed to make
texnansi-raw-ssr.72pk.
Font texnansi-raw-ssr at 124 not foun

Any idea what I'm missing here? It looks like some path is wrong or
something.

I don't see texexec picking up the map files in the log

(./sol10-web.tuo) (./sol10-web.tuo) (./sol10-web.tuo)
fonts           : using map file: texnansi-public-lm.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-vnr.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-csr.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-plr.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm.map
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-euler.map
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-cmr.map
fonts           : using map file: texnansi-base.map
fonts           : using map file: t5-base.map
fonts           : using map file: qx-base.map
fonts           : using map file: 8r-base.map
fonts           : using map file: ec-base.map
fonts           : using map file: ec-public-lm.map
fonts           : using map file: original-base.map
systems         : begin file sol10-web at line 72
structure       : begin of sectionblock frontmatter

Lou

* Re: gsftopk failing after upgrade
@ 2005-03-05  9:30 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-05  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Louis F. Springer wrote:
> I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded yesterday
> to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
> installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:
>
> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in
>
> and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following
>
> map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
> map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map

the cfg file is no longer supported by pdftex, use

\pdfmapfile{+texnansi-sun-sunsans.map}

or better:

\loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]

instead, or make typescripts that do the loading when needed

> but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
> the fonts

could you process the file produced by texfont?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <20050305095117.793901284F@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-03-05 17:14 ` Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-05 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

(resent with correct subject line)

On Mar 5, 2005, at 3:51 AM, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

> Louis F. Springer wrote:
>> I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded
>> yesterday
>> to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
>> installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:
>>
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in
>>
>> and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following
>>
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map
>
> the cfg file is no longer supported by pdftex, use
>
> \pdfmapfile{+texnansi-sun-sunsans.map}
>
> or better:
>
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
>
> instead, or make typescripts that do the loading when needed

I checked my typescript, it did include the appropriate appropriate
\loadmapfile commands.  I've done a paranoia check, copying the
map files to the local directory, no joy. I have also verified from the
log file that texexec is loading the typescript.

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
(./sun-font.tex)
color           : system rgb is global activated

>> but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
>> the fonts
>
> could you process the file produced by texfont?

OK, that works. I can process the texnansi-sun-sunsans.tex and the
texnansi-sun-sunserif.tex files.

I must have something amuck with my typescript. I'll check it out.
(BTW, I checked this before and thought it failed, I must have
processed an old version of the file produced by texfont.)

I can't see anything obvious in my typescript, maybe I've fouled up on
the encoding or something.

Thanks,
Lou