* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 9, Issue 19
       [not found] <20050305095117.793901284F@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-03-05 16:00 ` Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-05 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 5, 2005, at 3:51 AM, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

> Louis F. Springer wrote:
>> I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded
>> yesterday
>> to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
>> installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:
>>
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in
>>
>> and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following
>>
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map
>
> the cfg file is no longer supported by pdftex, use
>
> \pdfmapfile{+texnansi-sun-sunsans.map}
>
> or better:
>
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
>
> instead, or make typescripts that do the loading when needed

I checked my typescript, it did include the appropriate appropriate
\loadmapfile commands.  I've done a paranoia check, copying the
map files to the local directory, no joy. I have also verified from the
log file that texexec is loading the typescript.

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
(./sun-font.tex)
color           : system rgb is global activated

>> but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
>> the fonts
>
> could you process the file produced by texfont?

OK, that works. I can process the texnansi-sun-sunsans.tex and the
texnansi-sun-sunserif.tex files.

I must have something amuck with my typescript. I'll check it out.
(BTW, I checked this before and thought it failed, I must have
processed an old version of the file produced by texfont.)

I can't see anything obvious in my typescript, maybe I've fouled up on
the encoding or something.

Thanks,
Lou

* Re: gsftopk failing after upgrade
       [not found] <20050305095117.793901284F@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-03-05 17:14 ` Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-05 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

(resent with correct subject line)

On Mar 5, 2005, at 3:51 AM, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

> Louis F. Springer wrote:
>> I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded
>> yesterday
>> to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
>> installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:
>>
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in
>>
>> and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following
>>
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
>> map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map
>
> the cfg file is no longer supported by pdftex, use
>
> \pdfmapfile{+texnansi-sun-sunsans.map}
>
> or better:
>
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
>
> instead, or make typescripts that do the loading when needed

I checked my typescript, it did include the appropriate appropriate
\loadmapfile commands.  I've done a paranoia check, copying the
map files to the local directory, no joy. I have also verified from the
log file that texexec is loading the typescript.

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
(./sun-font.tex)
color           : system rgb is global activated

>> but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
>> the fonts
>
> could you process the file produced by texfont?

OK, that works. I can process the texnansi-sun-sunsans.tex and the
texnansi-sun-sunserif.tex files.

I must have something amuck with my typescript. I'll check it out.
(BTW, I checked this before and thought it failed, I must have
processed an old version of the file produced by texfont.)

I can't see anything obvious in my typescript, maybe I've fouled up on
the encoding or something.

Thanks,
Lou

* Trouble wih typescriptfiles (was: gsftopk failing after upgrade)
@ 2005-03-05 20:15   ` Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-05 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 5, 2005, at 10:14 AM, Louis F. Springer wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2005, at 3:51 AM, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:
>>
>> Louis F. Springer wrote:
>>> I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded
>>> yesterday
>>> to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
>>> installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:
>>>
>>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
>>> texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in
>>>
>>> and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following
>>>
>>> map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
>>> map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map
>>
>>> but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution
>>> using
>>> the fonts
>>
>> could you process the file produced by texfont?
>
> OK, that works. I can process the texnansi-sun-sunsans.tex and the
> texnansi-sun-sunserif.tex files.
>
> I must have something amuck with my typescript. I'll check it out.
> (BTW, I checked this before and thought it failed, I must have
> processed an old version of the file produced by texfont.)
>
> I can't see anything obvious in my typescript, maybe I've fouled up on
> the encoding or something.

I've isolated the issue to typescriptfile processing. Here is
"sun-font.tex"

\starttypescript [map][texnansi]

\loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
\loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunserif.map]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [sunsans] [name]

\definefontsynonym[Sans]				[SunSans-Regular]
\definefontsynonym[SansItalic]			[SunSans-Italic]
\definefontsynonym[SansBold]			[SunSans-SemiBold]
\definefontsynonym[SansBoldItalic]		[SunSans-SemiBoldItalic]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [sunsans] [texnansi]

\definefontsynonym[SunSansCondensed-Demi][texnansi-
sscd][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSansCondensed-Heavy][texnansi-
ssch][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSansCondensed-Italic][texnansi-
ssci][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSansCondensed-Regular][texnansi-
sscr][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSansCondensed-SemiBold][texnansi-
sscsb][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSansCondensed-SemiBoldItalic][texnansi-
sscsbi][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-Demi][texnansi-ssd][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-Heavy][texnansi-ssh][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-Italic][texnansi-ssi][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-Regular][texnansi-ssr][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-SemiBold][texnansi-sssb][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-SemiBoldItalic][texnansi-
sssbi][encoding=texnansi]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [sunserif] [name]

\definefontsynonym[Serif]				[SunSerif-Regular]
\definefontsynonym[SerifItalic]			[SunSerif-Italic]
\definefontsynonym[SerifBold]			[SunSerif-Bold]
\definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic]		[SunSerif-BoldItalic]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [sunserif] [texnansi]

\definefontsynonym[SunSerif-BoldItalic][texnansi-
sunse10][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSerifCaps-Bold][texnansi-
sunse11][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSerifCaps-Regular][texnansi-
sunse12][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSerif-Italic][texnansi-sunse13][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSerif-Regular][texnansi-
sunse14][encoding=texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSerif-Bold][texnansi-sunse9][encoding=texnansi]

\stoptypescript

Here is my test file:

\usetypescriptfile[sun-font]

\definetypeface[sunsans][ss][sans][sunsans][default][encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[sunsans,ss,10pt]

\starttext
This is  g {\bf bold g}, {\it italic g}, {\bi bold-italic g},
{\tfa bigger g} and {\tfx smaller g}.
\stoptext

This results in the errors of the type previously discussed: "Warning:
pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-ssi): kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode /
--bdpi 72 --mag 1+0/72 --dpi 72 texnansi-raw-sssb
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-sssb.
Font texnansi-raw-ssi at 72 not found"

If I include the font definitions and so forth in the file:

  % \usetypescriptfile[sun-font]

%\starttypescript [map][texnansi]
\loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
%\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [sunsans] [name]
\definefontsynonym[Sans]				[SunSans-Regular]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [sunsans] [texnansi]
\definefontsynonym[SunSans-Regular][texnansi-ssr][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface[sunsans][ss][sans][sunsans][default][encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[sunsans,ss,10pt]

\starttext
This is  {\bf bold g}, {\it italic g}, {\bi bold-italic g},
{\tfa bigger g} and {\tfx smaller g}.
\stoptext

\starttext
This is  a g {\bf bold g}, {\it italic g}, {\bi bold-italic g},
{\tfa bigger g} and {\tfx smaller g}.
\stoptext

I get the expected output with no errors.

I must be missing something really basic here.

@ 2005-03-05 20:19   ` Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-05 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

A correction to my prior email.
I have to remove out the starttypescript and stoptypescript commands.

[...]

* FIXED: Trouble wih typescriptfiles (was: gsftopk failing after upgrade)
@ 2005-03-05 22:35     ` Louis F. Springer
From: Louis F. Springer @ 2005-03-05 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Obvious operator error after RTFM,  "Fonts in Context". I hadn't seen
that manual before.

I have no idea what this was supposed to do, but getting rid of the
"\starttypescript" and "\stoptypescript" around the \loadmap fixed my
problem.

I don't know if I picked this up from an example or guessed at the
sytax, but it didn't seem to make any sense after reading "Fonts in
Context".

% \starttypescript [map][texnansi]
\loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
% \stoptypescript

Apologies for cycling anyone.

Thanks,
Lou

* Re: FIXED: Trouble wih typescriptfiles
@ 2005-03-05 22:54       ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-05 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Louis F. Springer wrote:
> Obvious operator error after RTFM,  "Fonts in Context". I hadn't seen
> that manual before.
>
> I have no idea what this was supposed to do, but getting rid of the
> "\starttypescript" and "\stoptypescript" around the \loadmap fixed my
> problem.
>
> I don't know if I picked this up from an example or guessed at the
> sytax, but it didn't seem to make any sense after reading "Fonts in
> Context".
>
> % \starttypescript [map][texnansi]
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
> % \stoptypescript

you need the \start...\stopwhen you put such defs in separate files, for
instance your local mytypefaces.tex:

\usetypescriptfile[mytypefaces.tex]

\usetypescript[map][texnansi]

etc would work ok

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Trouble wih typescriptfiles
@ 2005-03-05 23:03     ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-05 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Louis F. Springer wrote:

> I've isolated the issue to typescriptfile processing. Here is
> "sun-font.tex"
>

> \starttypescript [map][texnansi]
>
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]
> \loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunserif.map]
>
> \stoptypescript

\starttypescript [map] [sunsans,sunserif] [texnansi]

unless you explicitly say:

   \usetypescript[map][texnansi]

somewhere, typeface defs do a more restricted map file inclusion.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE