* csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-04 14:18 Michal Kvasnička
From: Michal Kvasnička @ 2005-03-04 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

A couple of days ago I have reinstalled my computer and installed the
newest ConTeXt as well (TeXExec 5.2.4, ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31). I
found that it could work under SuSE Linux 9.2 -- teTeX distribution. But
I also found that there is a change with csr fonts -- it is (at least in
the Czech interface) substituted with cmr fonts. What's the reason? How
could I change it againt to csr? (cmr fonts don't have accented letters.)

Many thanks for your help.
Your sincerely
Michal Kvasnicka

* Re: csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-04 14:50 ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2005-03-04 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:18:34PM +0100, Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> A couple of days ago I have reinstalled my computer and installed the
> newest ConTeXt as well (TeXExec 5.2.4, ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31). I
> found that it could work under SuSE Linux 9.2 -- teTeX distribution. But
> I also found that there is a change with csr fonts -- it is (at least in
> the Czech interface) substituted with cmr fonts. What's the reason? How
> could I change it againt to csr? (cmr fonts don't have accented letters.)

Hello,

quick and dirty way may be \setupbodyfont[csr] in the document.

Systematically, my (older) cont-cz.tex contains
\setupbodyfont [csr,ams,rm,12pt]
What does your cont-cz.tex set?

D.A.

--
A dissertation thesis should bring some new knowledge to the mankind.
-- Petr Sojka

* Re: csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-04 14:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-04 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Good evening.
>
> A couple of days ago I have reinstalled my computer and installed the
> newest ConTeXt as well (TeXExec 5.2.4, ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31). I
> found that it could work under SuSE Linux 9.2 -- teTeX distribution. But
> I also found that there is a change with csr fonts -- it is (at least in
> the Czech interface) substituted with cmr fonts. What's the reason? How
> could I change it againt to csr? (cmr fonts don't have accented letters.)

from now on context defauls to latim modern,

\setupencoding[il2] \usetypescript[modern][il2]

should work (given that you have those fonts; zip on out site)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-04 15:17   ` Michal Kvasnička
From: Michal Kvasnička @ 2005-03-04 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

Many thanks for your answer. But I still can't make it out.

> from now on context defauls to latim modern,

What is Latin Modern? What is name of its tfm metrics? Where can I find
the fonts?

> \setupencoding[il2] \usetypescript[modern][il2]

Is this line intended to switch the defalt to Computer Modern, or to csr
directly? My csr-documents are still typeset in cmr (i.e. without
accents). Probably I don't have the Latin Modern. But anyway, the
commands above don't switch ConTeXt to csr. How can I do it? (My
documents in other accented fonts work well.)

Many thanks for your help. I wish you all nice weekend.
M.K.

* Re: csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-04 15:46     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-04 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Good evening.
>
> Many thanks for your answer. But I still can't make it out.
>
>> from now on context defauls to latim modern,
>

> What is Latin Modern? What is name of its tfm metrics? Where can I find
> the fonts?

on our website (cont-lmr.tex

>> \setupencoding[il2] \usetypescript[modern][il2]

plus: \setupbodyfont[modern]

> Is this line intended to switch the defalt to Computer Modern, or to csr
> directly? My csr-documents are still typeset in cmr (i.e. without
> accents). Probably I don't have the Latin Modern. But anyway, the
> commands above don't switch ConTeXt to csr. How can I do it? (My
> documents in other accented fonts work well.)

currently the metric files that ship with csr are used (latin modern has the
same dimensions); if you want to use the csr type 1 fonts, you can use map file
trickery:

\loadmapfile[original-public-csr.map]

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-07  8:59       ` Michal Kvasnička
From: Michal Kvasnička @ 2005-03-07  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning.

I'm sorry that I bother you once more, but I still can't make it out.

First, I can't find the Latin Modern font:

> on our website (cont-lmr.tex

The page http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm has no link to it.
The page http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm says "(not available)".
I have downloaded lm package from the CTAN, but it doesn't work. Perhaps
because type-dis.tex defines
    \definefontsynonym[il2-lmr10]   [csr10]   [encoding=il2]
but I have no il2-lm*. Where can I obtain these files?

Second, I tried
    \setupencoding[il2] \usetypescript[modern][il2]
    \setupbodyfont[modern]
    \loadmapfile[original-public-csr.map]
But ConTeXt still uses cmr instead of csr files. What I'm doing wrong?

And by the way, where I should put all those .enc and .map files? I have
put them into dvips/context (and texhash-ed), but I am not sure the
ConTeXt can find them. Are those files used by the ConTeXt, or by pdfTeX
only?

Thank you for you kind help.
Your sincerely
Michal Kvasnicka

* Re: csr fonts in last ConTeXt
@ 2005-03-07 10:19         ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-07 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> I'm sorry that I bother you once more, but I still can't make it out.
>
> First, I can't find the Latin Modern font:
>
>> on our website (cont-lmr.tex

http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-2.htm

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE