* Helvetica ?
@ 2005-03-11 16:59 Steffen Wolfrum
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2005-03-11 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I used to install the fonts that I need for contexing.

But for the current project only Helvetica is needed, and so I
remembered Patrick saying:

>  using Helvetica works for me:
>  --------------------------------------------------
>  \usetypescript [adobekb][\defaultencoding]
>  \usetypescript [postscript][\defaultencoding]
>  \setupbodyfont[pos,ss,12pt]
>
>  \starttext
>  foo
>  \stoptext

But not for me. The same file as above results in:

>  Warning: pdfetex (file ec-urw-times.map): cannot open font map file
>
>{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-youngryu-
>  tx.map}
>  Warning: pdfetex (file ec-urw-helvetica.map): cannot open font map file
>
>  Warning: pdfetex (file ec-urw-courier.map): cannot open font map file
>  ]
>  systems         : end file helve at line 25
>   )
>  Warning: pdfetex (file phvr8r): Font phvr8r at 86 not found

What is missing? I am working (under OSX) with Hans' recent Beta,
with Gerbens latest tex i-package, and I also saw various helvetica
pfb files being installed with Gerbens distro.

So, shouldn't contexing with Helvetica work just out-of-the-box, as
Patrick said?

Steffen