* Re: Renaming spot colours
       [not found] <20050314072143.4BCC51286D@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-03-14 15:40 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-03-14 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans wrote:

> The problem is in the space in the name; since this name is used all over the
> place, an internal cleanup will not help, so this is why we have (yes,
> undocumented, so ... add to the wiki)
>
> \setupcolors[rgb=no,cmyk=no,spot=yes,state=start]
>
> \definecolor[IFSbluebase]      [c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]
>
> \doregisterspotcolorname{IFSbluebase}{PANTONE 294CV}

Thank you Hans! Works beautifully. I have added a section about spot
colours, including this info about mapping them, to the wiki. I hope
no-one objects to the British spelling in that section :-)

Duncan

* Re: Renaming spot colours
@ 2005-03-13 19:36   ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-13 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Hothersall wrote:
> Peter Rolf said
>
>> \definecolor[PANTONE 294CV] [c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]
>>
>> % test \framed[background=color, backgroundcolor={PANTONE
>> 294CV}]{Test}
>>
>> \color[PANTONE 294CV] Test
>>
>> % the only thing that doesn't work is \PANTONE 294CV
>

> Thanks very much for responding Peter! Interesting behaviour - the above
> will process in ConTeXt, but to match the Corel name I need a space
> after the '294' as well, which results in:
>
> --
> [MP to PDF] (./ifs-fmar-bk-mpgraph.1 [unknown MP special 294]
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
> \@@cl@@r ->C
> etc.
> --
>
> But in any case - did you get a functioning PDF file when you used the
> above definition? Despite the fact that ConTeXt completes its run, I get
> a broken file with your definition. Maybe this is because I am using
> multiple tints of the spot? My color defs look like this:
>
> \setupcolors[rgb=no,cmyk=no,spot=yes,state=start]
> \definecolor[PANTONE 294CV][c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]
> \definecolor[IFSblue][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=1]
> \definecolor[IFSbluetint][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=.2]
> \definecolor[IFSblueheadertint][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=.12]
> \definecolor[IFSbluetabletint][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=.15]
>
> As I say, even with this definition (missing the final space) the PDF
> result won't open in Acrobat (colour space error). Does your open?

The problem is in the space in the name; since this name is used all over the
place, an internal cleanup will not help, so this is why we have (yes,
undocumented, so ... add to the wiki)

\setupcolors[rgb=no,cmyk=no,spot=yes,state=start]

\definecolor[IFSbluebase]      [c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]

\doregisterspotcolorname{IFSbluebase}{PANTONE 294CV}

\definecolor[IFSblue]          [IFSbluebase][p=1]
\definecolor[IFSbluetint]      [IFSbluebase][p=.2]
\definecolor[IFSblueheadertint][IFSbluebase][p=.12]
\definecolor[IFSbluetabletint] [IFSbluebase][p=.15]

\starttext
   \color[IFSbluetabletint]{Interesting}
\stoptext

So, use nice names internally and register the name using a low level feature;
in a next version i will provide

\definecolor[IFSbluebase]      [c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18,e=PANTONE 294CV]

(e for equivalent) which is nicer.

[multitone colors are even nastier, but they are cleaned up automatically]

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Renaming spot colours
@ 2005-03-11 17:23 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-03-11 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.03.2005 um 10:42 schrieb Duncan Hothersall:
> The end result is a file with two spot colour spaces instead of one.
> Is there a way I can combine them, either by a last-minute renaming,
> or a mapping, or a pre-process, or something? (I tried the brute force
> method of search-and-replace on the PDF file but there must be
> binary-encoded references to the names as well as ASCII ones, because
> that broke the file.)

There are come commercial Acrobat plugins that can map/change spot
colors; AFAIK Acrobat 7 Professional can it do on its own.
Otherwise you could change the color in an EPS (and distill that again).
But if you have access to the original CDR files you should simply
change it there.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Renaming spot colours
       [not found] <20050311142456.F072412847@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-03-11 14:44 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-03-11 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf said

> \definecolor[PANTONE 294CV] [c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]
>
> % test \framed[background=color, backgroundcolor={PANTONE
> 294CV}]{Test}
>
> \color[PANTONE 294CV] Test
>
> % the only thing that doesn't work is \PANTONE 294CV

Thanks very much for responding Peter! Interesting behaviour - the above
will process in ConTeXt, but to match the Corel name I need a space
after the '294' as well, which results in:

--
[MP to PDF] (./ifs-fmar-bk-mpgraph.1 [unknown MP special 294]
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
\@@cl@@r ->C
etc.
--

But in any case - did you get a functioning PDF file when you used the
above definition? Despite the fact that ConTeXt completes its run, I get
a broken file with your definition. Maybe this is because I am using
multiple tints of the spot? My color defs look like this:

\setupcolors[rgb=no,cmyk=no,spot=yes,state=start]
\definecolor[PANTONE 294CV][c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]
\definecolor[IFSblue][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=1]
\definecolor[IFSbluetint][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=.2]
\definecolor[IFSblueheadertint][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=.12]
\definecolor[IFSbluetabletint][{PANTONE 294CV}][p=.15]

As I say, even with this definition (missing the final space) the PDF
result won't open in Acrobat (colour space error). Does your open?

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Duncan
dh@capdm.com

* Re: Renaming spot colours
@ 2005-03-11 14:22 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2005-03-11 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Duncan,

Duncan Hothersall wrote:

> More questions!
>
> I'm using black plus one spot colour in a document, and I include PDF
> images generated in an external program (CorelDraw) which use the same
> spot colour. In the images the color is called 'PANTONE 294 CV', but I
> can't use that name for my colour in ConTeXT because names can't
> contain numbers or spaces. So in ConTeXt I define
> \definecolor[PantoneTwoNineFour][c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]

\definecolor[PANTONE 294CV] [c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]

% test
\framed[background=color, backgroundcolor={PANTONE 294CV}]{Test}

\color[PANTONE 294CV] Test

% the only thing that doesn't work is \PANTONE 294CV

> The end result is a file with two spot colour spaces instead of one.
> Is there a way I can combine them, either by a last-minute renaming,
> or a mapping, or a pre-process, or something? (I tried the brute force
> method of search-and-replace on the PDF file but there must be
> binary-encoded references to the names as well as ASCII ones, because
> that broke the file.)
>
> Any help as ever greatly appreciated.
>
> Duncan

Hope this helps