* pdfopen/pdfclose under Linux
@ 2005-03-14 13:27 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-03-14 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a beta version of Fabrice Popineau's pdfclose/
pdfopen tools ported to X11 (Linux).

I've tested this with Acrobat Reader 5.0.10 & Linux & X.org, but the
code is reasonably generic, I believe. I hope that while waiting for
the upcoming direct texexec support, somebody is willing to do testing
under other AR/Os/X configurations.

You can fetch it from:

   http://tex.aanhet.net/utils/pdfopen-0.2.tar.gz

(Mandrake 10.1/i386 binaries are included)

 From the README:
Both commands have only one meaningful argument:

   pdfclose --file <pdfname>
     Closes an existing window with the name <pdfname>

   pdfopen --file <pdfname>
     Opens a window with the name <pdfname> (starting a reader if
     necesary), or it reloads <pdfname> if it was already open.

Note: <pdfname> is the name of the X window, not a filename.

Greetings, Taco

* Re: pdfopen/pdfclose under Linux
@ 2005-03-14 23:05 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-03-14 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just uploaded a beta version of Fabrice Popineau's pdfclose/
> pdfopen tools ported to X11 (Linux).
>
> I've tested this with Acrobat Reader 5.0.10 & Linux & X.org, but the
> code is reasonably generic, I believe. I hope that while waiting for
> the upcoming direct texexec support, somebody is willing to do testing
> under other AR/Os/X configurations.

I have heard your evening appeal in the last morning ;-)

It works very well for Win2k an AR 7.0

vit

* Re: pdfopen/pdfclose under Linux
@ 2005-03-15 10:59   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-15 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just uploaded a beta version of Fabrice Popineau's pdfclose/
>> pdfopen tools ported to X11 (Linux).
>>
>> I've tested this with Acrobat Reader 5.0.10 & Linux & X.org, but the
>> code is reasonably generic, I believe. I hope that while waiting for
>> the upcoming direct texexec support, somebody is willing to do testing
>> under other AR/Os/X configurations.
>

> I have heard your evening appeal in the last morning ;-)
>
> It works very well for Win2k an AR 7.0

that's because pdfopen/close are already part of fptex fo rsome time;

   texexec --pdf --autopdf somefile

will use them when present

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Announce pdfopen/pdfclose under Linux (v. 0.3)
@ 2005-03-17 10:19 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-03-17 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just finished uploading an improved version with additional
support for the new Adobe Reader 7.0 for Linux:

    http://tex.aanhet.net/utils/pdfopen-0.3.tar.gz

Greetings, Taco