* How do I create a table like this in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-03-18 21:33 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-03-18 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

In LaTeX, a tabular environment produces a box which then can be part
of another tabular. I tried to do the same with ConTeXt, but failed.

Can someone tell me how to produce

http://mail.rna.nl/~gerben/latex-table.pdf

with ConTeXt?

Thanks,

* Re: How do I create a table like this in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-03-19 19:38 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-03-19 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gerben,

There are different options.
first of all I would have a look into \bTABLE ...\eTABLE constructs see
enatab.pdf manual.
secondly you might use \starttabulate ..\stoptabulate look at MAPS22
Voorjaar 1999, pp 153.

Willi

@ 2005-03-21 19:18   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-03-21 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19 Mar 2005, at 20:38, Willi Egger wrote:

> Hi Gerben,
>
> There are different options.
> first of all I would have a look into \bTABLE ...\eTABLE constructs
> see enatab.pdf manual.

Where do I find this manual?

Thanks,

@ 2005-03-21 19:34   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-03-21 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19 Mar 2005, at 20:38, Willi Egger wrote:

> secondly you might use \starttabulate ..\stoptabulate look at MAPS22
> Voorjaar 1999, pp 153.

I did look at that. I cannot see how that helps me recreating the
example I posted, sorry.

PS. Is it me or is tabulating in ConTeXt a bit counterintuitive? For
instance, take the exampl efrom MAPS:

\starttabulate[|l|k2c|r|]
\NC this and that \NC left and right \NC here and there \NC \NR

Why 4(!) \NC's here? There are only 3 columns...

* Re: How do I create a table like this in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-03-21 20:05     ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2005-03-21 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can download it here:

https://www.pragma-pod.com/dir/general/manuals/enattab.pdf

Best

Thomas

@ 2005-03-21 20:06     ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2005-03-21 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

As always: Go to http://www.pragma-ade.com/dir/  and look around.
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/enattab.pdf

> \starttabulate[|l|k2c|r|]
> \NC this and that \NC left and right \NC here and there \NC \NR
>
> Why 4(!) \NC's here? There are only 3 columns...
Well, in prinziple two \NC would be enough "col1 \NC col2 \NC col3 \NR";
but the idea is seeming as follows:
anytime a new column begins/ends the \NC is added,  add it always when
you would add a vertical line in a table (though nice-looking tables
shan't have that many "|").

Tobias

* Re: How do I create a table like this in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-03-21 22:05       ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-03-21 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 Mar 2005, at 21:05, Thomas A.Schmitz wrote:

> You can download it here:
>
> https://www.pragma-pod.com/dir/general/manuals/enattab.pdf

That link did not work, but going one dir higher and then selecting
worked. Thanks.

@ 2005-03-22  0:04     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-22  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben Wierda wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2005, at 20:38, Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> secondly you might use \starttabulate ..\stoptabulate look at MAPS22
>> Voorjaar 1999, pp 153.
>

> I did look at that. I cannot see how that helps me recreating the
> example I posted, sorry.

> PS. Is it me or is tabulating in ConTeXt a bit counterintuitive? For
> instance, take the exampl efrom MAPS:
>
> \starttabulate[|l|k2c|r|]
> \NC this and that \NC left and right \NC here and there \NC \NR
>
> Why 4(!) \NC's here? There are only 3 columns...

to keep it kind of code-compatible with the starttable mechanism where each
column is separated by NC or VL or .. ; just consider NC to be a column boundary
mark

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-03-22  0:08       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-22  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Well, in prinziple two \NC would be enough "col1 \NC col2 \NC col3 \NR";

interesting thought -)

as with most table mechanism that use halign, some separator is needed; also, in
context actually there are (hidden) extra columns used for spacing issues;

i once had a bunch of macros that took the ibm line/corner chars as separators,
kind of ascii wysiwyg

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-03-22  7:22       ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-03-22  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 Mar 2005, at 21:05, Thomas A.Schmitz wrote:

> You can download it here:
>
> https://www.pragma-pod.com/dir/general/manuals/enattab.pdf

Having looked at these examples, I wonder if there is also a good
description somewhere. For instance, how do I influence borders of
cells? Can I have a dashed border (as in my LaTeX example which btw
uses hvdashline.sty).