* Imposition of A7,landscape on A4
@ 2005-03-20 15:28 Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-03-20 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I want to print 8 pages of A7, landscape doublesided on A4. I always get the
pages connected on the shorter side of the page, but that is wrong. Has anyone
an idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Wolfgang

for explanation, the result looks like this:

-------------------------
|     |     |     |     |
-------------------------
|     |     |     |     |
-------------------------

my testfile:

\enableregime[il1]
\mainlanguage[en]

\setuppapersize[A7,landscape,rotated][A3,landscape]%
\setuparranging [2*8,doublesided]
\setuplayout [location=middle]
\setuppagenumbering[location=,state=stop]

\showframe[edge]

\starttext

Page1

\page

Page1 back

\page

Page2

\page

Page2 back

\page

Page3

\page

Page3 back

\page

Page4

\page

Page4 back

\page

Page5

\page

Page 5 back

\page

Page 6

\page

Page6 back

\page

Page7

\page

Page7 back

\page

Page8

\page

Page8 back

\stoptext

* Re: Imposition of A7,landscape on A4
@ 2005-03-20 17:21 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-03-20 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

you do not need the ratated part.
Please look at the attached file

Willi

Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to print 8 pages of A7, landscape doublesided on A4. I always get
> the pages connected on the shorter side of the page, but that is wrong.
> Has anyone an idea how to solve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Wolfgang
>
> for explanation, the result looks like this:
>
> -------------------------
> |     |     |     |     |
> -------------------------
> |     |     |     |     |
> -------------------------
>

> my testfile:
>

> \enableregime[il1]
> \mainlanguage[en]
>
> \setuppapersize[A7,landscape,rotated][A3,landscape]%
> \setuparranging [2*8,doublesided]
> \setuplayout [location=middle]
> \setuppagenumbering[location=,state=stop]
>
> \showframe[edge]
>
> \starttext
>
> Page1
>
> \page
>
> Page1 back
>
> \page
>
> Page2
>
> \page
>
> Page2 back
>
> \page
>
> Page3
>
> \page
>
> Page3 back
>
> \page
>
> Page4
>
> \page
>
> Page4 back
>
> \page
>
> Page5
>
> \page
>
> Page 5 back
>
> \page
>
> Page 6
>
> \page
>
> Page6 back
>
> \page
>
> Page7
>
> \page
>
> Page7 back
>
> \page
>
> Page8
>
> \page
>
> Page8 back
>
> \stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: imposition-Zillig.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 550 bytes --]

% Imposition of 8 a7 portrait on a a4 landscape
% Wolfgang Zillig
% Context file
% filename: imposition-Zillig.tex
% Willi Egger
% 20-03-05

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\setuppapersize[A7,portrait][A3,landscape]%
\setuparranging [2*8,doublesided]
\setuplayout [location=middle]
\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,marginedge},state=start]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\showframe[edge]

\starttext

\dostepwiserecurse{1}{20}{1}{%
	\startalignment[middle]
		\vfil
		This is \par
		\blank[big]
		{\bfd \recurselevel}
		\stopalignment
		\vfil
		\page}

@ 2005-03-20 17:40 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-03-20 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

> I want to print 8 pages of A7, landscape doublesided on A4. I always get the
> pages connected on the shorter side of the page, but that is wrong. Has anyone
> an idea how to solve this?
>
> [...]
>
> \setuppapersize[A7,landscape,rotated][A3,landscape]%

I don't really understand, what you want (for example A4 or A3 ?? ), but
this looks good to me:

\setuppapersize[A7,rotated][A4,landscape]

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Imposition of A7,landscape on A4
@ 2005-03-20 17:42   ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-03-20 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Willi,

I know that it is working with A7 as portrait. But I want to use A7 landscape. I
have the rotated in \setuppapersize because when I place only one A7 page on a
bigger format I get it as supposed (one rotated page on a bigger one). But when
I got it right for imposotion upright formats are needed.

Wolfgang

@ 2005-03-20 18:38   ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-03-20 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

I think I was not completly clear: as source I have A7 landscape. As result I
want to have it on A4 (the A3 in the demo was a typo).

thanks

Wolfgang