* meaning of HASH?
@ 2005-03-26 16:04 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-26 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear crew,

Sometimes a line like

Opt=HASH(0x1c43ab4)       executable : pdfetex

is appended before a texexec job; what does this mean?

Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: meaning of HASH?
@ 2005-03-26 18:59 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-03-26 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:
> Dear crew,
>
> Sometimes a line like
>
> Opt=HASH(0x1c43ab4)       executable : pdfetex
 >
 > is appended before a texexec job; what does this mean?

It looks like a perl debug print statement, because
something like

   print STDERR "Opt=$Opt" ; # check value of $Opt

would give this effect.

Greetings, Taco

* RE: meaning of HASH?
@ 2005-03-27  0:32 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-03-27  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>ishamid wrote:
>> Dear crew,
>>
>> Sometimes a line like
>>
>> Opt=HASH(0x1c43ab4)       executable : pdfetex
> >
> > is appended before a texexec job; what does this mean?
>
>It looks like a perl debug print statement, because
>something like
>
>   print STDERR "Opt=$Opt" ; # check value of $Opt
>
>would give this effect.

Thnx 4 the explanation

Does the appearance of this indicate some misconfiguration that I should be
concerned about, or is it completely benign?

Thnx
Idris