* lmr / latest beta
@ 2005-03-25 14:07 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2005-03-25 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

since I haven't used it for a long time (in ConTeXt terms), I decided to
update my context before starting a major project. As usual, I grabbed
the latest beta from pragma and installed it.
The first thing I noticed was that context defaults to latin modern now
- great. Unfortunately, it complained a lot about missing fonts like
"ec-lmr12". The list archive helped to correct this by installing the
contents of the cont-lmt zip.
However, the fonts still are not found by pdftex. The resulting pdf is
very small (1,5k), and acrobat reader complains about missing fonts. I
tried adding the contents of ec-public-lm.map to pdftex.map. This
resulted in a larger pdf (4,5k), with the font embedded according to
acrobat, but showing as a blank page.
I am rather confused by now - I always tried to avoid that font stuff
whenever possible. What am I missing?

Greetings,
Eckhart

* Re: lmr / latest beta
@ 2005-03-25 17:42 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-25 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since I haven't used it for a long time (in ConTeXt terms), I decided to
> update my context before starting a major project. As usual, I grabbed
> the latest beta from pragma and installed it.
> The first thing I noticed was that context defaults to latin modern now
> - great. Unfortunately, it complained a lot about missing fonts like
> "ec-lmr12". The list archive helped to correct this by installing the
> contents of the cont-lmt zip.
> However, the fonts still are not found by pdftex. The resulting pdf is
> very small (1,5k), and acrobat reader complains about missing fonts. I
> tried adding the contents of ec-public-lm.map to pdftex.map. This
> resulted in a larger pdf (4,5k), with the font embedded according to
> acrobat, but showing as a blank page.
> I am rather confused by now - I always tried to avoid that font stuff
> whenever possible. What am I missing?

compare you rlocal cont-sys.tex file with the new cont-sys.rme file; you may
need to adapt the map file handling bits and pieces

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: lmr / latest beta
@ 2005-03-27 12:45   ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2005-03-27 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 at 18:42:35+0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >since I haven't used it for a long time (in ConTeXt terms), I decided to
> >update my context before starting a major project. As usual, I grabbed
> >the latest beta from pragma and installed it.
> >The first thing I noticed was that context defaults to latin modern now
> >- great. Unfortunately, it complained a lot about missing fonts like
> >"ec-lmr12". The list archive helped to correct this by installing the
> >contents of the cont-lmt zip.
> >However, the fonts still are not found by pdftex. The resulting pdf is
> >very small (1,5k), and acrobat reader complains about missing fonts. I
> >tried adding the contents of ec-public-lm.map to pdftex.map. This
> >resulted in a larger pdf (4,5k), with the font embedded according to
> >acrobat, but showing as a blank page.
> >I am rather confused by now - I always tried to avoid that font stuff
> >whenever possible. What am I missing?
>
> compare you rlocal cont-sys.tex file with the new cont-sys.rme file; you
> may need to adapt the map file handling bits and pieces

Indeed, that helped, thank you. Again, a lot seems to have happened -
don't leave context alone for longer than a week;-)

Greetings,
Eckhart

* Re: lmr / latest beta
@ 2005-03-28 14:33     ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-28 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:

> Indeed, that helped, thank you. Again, a lot seems to have happened -
> don't leave context alone for longer than a week;-)

it's not that bad, most changes that influence a working version or not, concern
fonts, and there have been some changes in that area recently (tds structure, lmr)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE