* line wrap marker
@ 2005-03-23 20:50 Stuart Jansen
From: Stuart Jansen @ 2005-03-23 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have lines of text that shouldn't be wrapped. If one line must be
wrapped onto the next, we'd like to insert a visual mark at the end of
the line and (hopefully) indent the next line slightly. Obviously,
there's the potential for wrapping over multiple lines.

I've dug around TeX, LaTeX and ConTeXt, and none appear to support this
yet. So far, ConTeXt has been the most enjoyable to work with, so I'm
okay with a ConTeXt only answer.

How hard will this be to implement? Where should I start looking to
figure out how to do this? I'm hoping  for an answer along the lines of
"this set of macros will probably be helpful".

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen@gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.

* Re: line wrap marker
@ 2005-03-28 23:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-28 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> We have lines of text that shouldn't be wrapped. If one line must be
> wrapped onto the next, we'd like to insert a visual mark at the end of
> the line and (hopefully) indent the next line slightly. Obviously,
> there's the potential for wrapping over multiple lines.
>
> I've dug around TeX, LaTeX and ConTeXt, and none appear to support this
> yet. So far, ConTeXt has been the most enjoyable to work with, so I'm
> okay with a ConTeXt only answer.
>
> How hard will this be to implement? Where should I start looking to
> figure out how to do this? I'm hoping  for an answer along the lines of
> "this set of macros will probably be helpful".

just to get you some (wikiable) ideas:

\startreusableMPgraphic{return}
    drawarrow
      (0,0)--
      (1EmWidth,0)--
      (1EmWidth,-.5ExHeight)--
      (.5EmWidth,-.5ExHeight) ;
\stopreusableMPgraphic

\definesymbol[return][\reuseMPgraphic{return}]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\def\vcrlf{\symbol[return]\crlf\strut\kern1em\strut\ignorespaces}

\setuptyping[option=commands]

\starttyping
test test test /vcrlf test test
\stoptyping