* poem as a sidefloat
@ 2019-09-25 17:35 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-09-25 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I’d like to have a small poem beside my text.
My approach doesn’t work, with or without \framed:

Since I need this only once, I thought I don’t need to define or setup my own float.

\setupfloat inherits from \setupframed, but the parameters width, style and background(color) don’t work.
Aren’t they supposed to work in \startplacefloat?

How can I suppress the caption? ("none" is supposed to work with \placefloat, but at least doesn’t in \startplacefloat)

With or without framed, vbox and lines didn’t change much. (Of course \framed adds a frame, but the text isn’t within).

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth}

\startplacefloat[
  title=none, % doesn’t work
  numbering=no, % wrong
  location=left,
  width=.33\textwidth, % doesn’t work
  style=\tt, % doesn’t work
  background=color,backgroundcolor=cyan, % doesn’t work
]%
%\framed[
%  width=.33\textwidth,
%  style=\tt,
%  background=color,backgroundcolor=yellow,
%]{\vbox{%
\startlines
lichtung

manche meinen
lechts und rinks
kann man nicht
velwechsern.
werch ein illtum!
\wordright{ernst jandl}
\stoplines
%}}
\stopplacefloat

\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth}

\stoptext

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: poem as a sidefloat
@ 2019-09-25 18:45 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-09-25 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 25.09.2019 um 19:35:
> Hi, I’d like to have a small poem beside my text.
> My approach doesn’t work, with or without \framed:
>
> Since I need this only once, I thought I don’t need to define or setup my own float.
>
> \setupfloat inherits from \setupframed, but the parameters width, style and background(color) don’t work.
> Aren’t they supposed to work in \startplacefloat?
>
> How can I suppress the caption? ("none" is supposed to work with \placefloat, but at least doesn’t in \startplacefloat)
The first argument of \startplacefloat takes the name of the float
instance, e.g. figure (\startplacefloat [figure]) and the second
argument a limited list of keys. All other options like the background
color have to be set with \setupfloat and \setupcation.
> With or without framed, vbox and lines didn’t change much. (Of course \framed adds a frame, but the text isn’t within).
You have to put the poem in a framed or framedtext environment with the
setting width=fit. There is no way to to do this with the float
environment alone.

Wolfgang

* Re: poem as a sidefloat
@ 2019-09-25 19:37   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-09-25 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 2019-09-25 um 20:45 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>:
>
> Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 25.09.2019 um 19:35:
>> Hi, I’d like to have a small poem beside my text.
>> My approach doesn’t work, with or without \framed:
>>
>> Since I need this only once, I thought I don’t need to define or setup my own float.
>>
>> \setupfloat inherits from \setupframed, but the parameters width, style and background(color) don’t work.
>> Aren’t they supposed to work in \startplacefloat?
>>
>> How can I suppress the caption? ("none" is supposed to work with \placefloat, but at least doesn’t in \startplacefloat)
> The first argument of \startplacefloat takes the name of the float instance, e.g. figure (\startplacefloat [figure]) and the second argument a limited list of keys. All other options like the background color have to be set with \setupfloat and \setupcation.
>> With or without framed, vbox and lines didn’t change much. (Of course \framed adds a frame, but the text isn’t within).
> You have to put the poem in a framed or framedtext environment with the setting width=fit. There is no way to to do this with the float environment alone.

Thank you!
The following works, except:
- There’s too much space (2 lines?) within the frame before the poem.
- I’d like to insert some space below the float, spaceafter doesn’t work.

\definefloat[poem]
\setupfloat[poem][
  location=left, % doesn’t work
  width=0.33\textwidth,
  background=color,backgroundcolor=cyan,
  spaceafter=1em, % doesn’t work
]
\setupcaption[poem][
  location=none,
  number=no,
]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth}
\startplacefloat[poem][location=left,]%
\framedtext[
  frame=off,
  width=fit,
  style=\tt,
  %background=color,backgroundcolor=yellow,
]{%
\startlines%
lichtung

manche meinen
lechts und rinks
kann man nicht
velwechsern.
werch ein illtum!
\wordright{ernst jandl}
\stoplines
}
\stopplacefloat
\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth}

\stoptext

Grüßlinge, Hraban
---

@ 2019-09-25 20:10     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-09-25 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 25.09.2019 um 21:37:
> The following works, except:
> - There’s too much space (2 lines?) within the frame before the poem.
Use the framedtext environment.
> - I’d like to insert some space below the float, spaceafter doesn’t work.
You nee sidespacebefore/after but you can only set it for *all* floats.

\definefloat [poem]

% \setupfloat
%   [sidespacebefore=medium]

\setupfloat
   [poem]
   [background=color,
    backgroundcolor=cyan]

\setupcaption
   [poem]
   [number=none]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{knuth}}

\startplacefloat [poem] [location=left]
   \startframedtext [frame=off,width=fit,offset=0.25ex]
     \startlines [style=mono]
     lichtung

     manche meinen
     lechts und rinks
     kann man nicht
     velwechsern.
     werch ein illtum!
     \wordright{ernst jandl}
     \stoplines
   \stopframedtext
\stopplacefloat

@ 2019-09-25 20:38       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-09-25 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 2019-09-25 um 22:10 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>:
>
> Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 25.09.2019 um 21:37:
>> The following works, except:
>> - There’s too much space (2 lines?) within the frame before the poem.
> Use the framedtext environment.

Ah, I didn’t expect \startframedtext to behave differently than \framedtext.

>> - I’d like to insert some space below the float, spaceafter doesn’t work.
> You nee sidespacebefore/after but you can only set it for *all* floats.

Not good, but I’ll just setup my special case in a group.

Thank you again & all the best,
Hraban