From: ishamid <ishamid@lamar.colostate.edu>
Subject: Times New Roman
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:40:07 -0700	[thread overview]

[I know that all of us and Hans in particular is quite busy but if anyone can
give me some guidance on this, before I get into trouble with my editor...]

Dear consortium,

I'm having trouble preparing times new roman for ConTeXt. I'm trying to follow
the instructions in mag-0009.pdf, but TeXfont does not want to behave:-(

\system_fonts>texfont --vendor=microsoft --collection=times
--encoding=texnansi --pattern=times*.afm

 TeXFont 1.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2001 (STILL BETA)

   processing aborted : unknown option --pattern=times*.afm

I tried things manually without the --pattern option and got a

texnansi-microsoft-times.tex

file, from which I manually constructed a

texnansi-microsoft-times.map

file with four lines:

texnansi-raw-times    4 < times.pfb   texnansi.enc
texnansi-raw-timesbd  4 < timesbd.pfb texnansi.enc
texnansi-raw-timesbi  4 < timesbi.pfb texnansi.enc
texnansi-raw-timesi   4 < timesi.pfb  texnansi.enc

I then tried manually constructing the tfm files with afm2tfm but alas...

\system_fonts>afm2tfm times[bd|bi|i]
! no Adobe characters
% LIGKERN ff l =: ffl ;
^
and empty tfm files

Not sure where to go from here...

I'm also going to need Arial from WINNT\Fonts as well...

Idris

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University