* RE: Times New Roman
@ 2005-03-16 15:42 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>I do not know much about the font installation process, but I did
>notice that your TeXFont banner indicates that you use a really old
>version.

Ok, I've worked around this (still having upgrade troubles...) but there is
still a problem. I created all afm files in a local directory

system_fonts>

but TeXFont does not seem to see them:

[...]\system_fonts>C:\ConTeXt\texmf-mswin\bin\texfont
--vendor=microsoft --collection=timesnewroman --encoding=texnansi
--pattern=times*.afm --rootlist=C:\[...]\system_fonts

TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

mktexlsr: Updating c:/TeXLive/texmf-local/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.
       encoding vector : texnansi
           vendor name : microsoft
           source path : .
       font collection : timesnewroman
       texmf font root : c:/texlive/texmf-local
       pdftex map file : texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.map
      processing files : all in pattern times*.afm
    locating afm files : using otf files
    processing aborted : no afm files found

Why are "no afm files found"? And why does my new C:\ConTeXt tree recognize

texmf font root : c:/texlive/texmf-local

when I have not configured it to recognize my TeXLive tree (since I do not
know how->)

Best
Idris

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 21:12         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-12-01 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fantastic, Wolfgang! An image is worth 1000 words.

Many thanks for the visual support.

Alan
On Dec 1, 2008, at 12;38,41 , Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> <times.pdf>
> Am 01.12.2008 um 16:13 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>>> Hi, Mojca!
>>>
>>> Thanks for the clarification. I had thought that I was getting Latin
>>> Modern instead but wanted to be sure.
>>>
>>> Termes  sounds like a good alternative to me, but I had best consult
>>> the publisher, since he originally specified Times New Roman. It is
>>> apaprently no longer a typesetting problem.
>>
>> It definitely makes sense to ask him, but most people (including me)
>> do not notice the difference at all.
>
> You could try to find the differences in my example.
>
>> Even if you need exactly Times New Roman, it should not be too
>> difficult to change, but you can ask the publisher where to get the
>> math glyphs in case he insists :) :) :)
>
> ???
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 17:38       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-12-01 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: times.pdf --]

@ 2008-12-01 16:23       ` Steve Peter
From: Steve Peter @ 2008-12-01 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Yue Wang wrote:

> Termes is a TeX Gyre version of Times Roman (almost the same glyphs).

Which stems from URW Nimbus, a clone of Linotype version of Times Roman.

> Times New Roman is a Microsoft version of Times Roman.

Actually, TNR is the Monotype version of the typeface, licensed by
Microsoft, but with widths adjusted to match Times Roman, which was a
Linotype typeface. To make matters more fun, Apple licensed its
version from Linotype. And for cosmic revenge, Monotype bought
Linotype, so there's just one company now.

> Times New Roman is more illegible than Times Roman.

The only design differences are minimal. The serifs of C and S, for
example, are more vertical in the Monotype version, and the italic z
is more calligraphic in the Linotype version, but in large part, the
two versions are identical. Personally, for book text, I think you
ought to use Times Ten, which is designed for that. Both Times Roman
and Times New Roman were originally designed as newspapers typefaces
to be set on very short measures and are therefore too narrow for book
use.

Steve

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 15:13     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-01 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> Hi, Mojca!
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I had thought that I was getting Latin
> Modern instead but wanted to be sure.
>
> Termes  sounds like a good alternative to me, but I had best consult
> the publisher, since he originally specified Times New Roman. It is
> apaprently no longer a typesetting problem.

It definitely makes sense to ask him, but most people (including me)
do not notice the difference at all.

Even if you need exactly Times New Roman, it should not be too
difficult to change, but you can ask the publisher where to get the
math glyphs in case he insists :) :) :)

Mojca

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 14:51       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-12-01 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is good to know, I will use it in talking with the publisher.
Many thanks.

Alan

On Dec 1, 2008, at 09;28,08 , Yue Wang wrote:

> Termes is a TeX Gyre version of Times Roman (almost the same glyphs).
> Times New Roman is a Microsoft version of Times Roman.
> Times New Roman is more illegible than Times Roman.
>
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> Hi, Mojca!
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification. I had thought that I was getting Latin
>> Modern instead but wanted to be sure.
>>
>> Termes  sounds like a good alternative to me, but I had best consult
>> the publisher, since he originally specified Times New Roman. It is
>> apaprently no longer a typesetting problem.
>>
>> Again, thanks for your help.
>>
>> Alan

>>> Hello Alan,
>>>
>>> Do you need "something-like-times" or Times New Roman?
>>>
>>> This works:
>>> % possibly \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
>>> \usetypescript[times][ec]
>>> \setupbodyfont[times,12pt]
>>>
>>> It will give you times-like typeface (TeX Gyre Termes), but not
>>> Times
>>> New Roman. Times New Roman is not distributied (and possibly
>>> copyrighted).
>>>
>>> Mojca

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 14:28     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-12-01 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Termes is a TeX Gyre version of Times Roman (almost the same glyphs).
Times New Roman is a Microsoft version of Times Roman.
Times New Roman is more illegible than Times Roman.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> Hi, Mojca!
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I had thought that I was getting Latin
> Modern instead but wanted to be sure.
>
> Termes  sounds like a good alternative to me, but I had best consult
> the publisher, since he originally specified Times New Roman. It is
> apaprently no longer a typesetting problem.
>
> Again, thanks for your help.
>
> Alan
>
> On Dec 1, 2008, at 09;04,49 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>>> I am running the ConTeXt Minimals of 11/10 and am trying to access
>>> Times New Roman using the script
>>>
>>> \usetypescript [timesnewroman][ec]
>>> \definetypeface[timesnewroman][rm][serif][timesnewroman][default]
>>> [encoding=ec]
>>> \definebodyfont[9pt,11pt][rm][default]
>>> \setupbodyfont[timesnewroman,rm,11pt]
>>>
>>> I am not sure what I getting and I am puzzled by the log file ,
>>> hence,
>>> my question: Is  Times New Roman distributed with the minimals and is
>>> this the way to access it?
>>
>> Hello Alan,
>>
>> Do you need "something-like-times" or Times New Roman?
>>
>> This works:
>> % possibly \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
>> \usetypescript[times][ec]
>> \setupbodyfont[times,12pt]
>>
>> It will give you times-like typeface (TeX Gyre Termes), but not Times
>> New Roman. Times New Roman is not distributied (and possibly
>> copyrighted).
>>
>> Mojca

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 14:19   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-12-01 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Mojca!

Thanks for the clarification. I had thought that I was getting Latin
Modern instead but wanted to be sure.

Termes  sounds like a good alternative to me, but I had best consult
the publisher, since he originally specified Times New Roman. It is
apaprently no longer a typesetting problem.

Again, thanks for your help.

Alan

On Dec 1, 2008, at 09;04,49 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>> I am running the ConTeXt Minimals of 11/10 and am trying to access
>> Times New Roman using the script
>>
>> \usetypescript [timesnewroman][ec]
>> \definetypeface[timesnewroman][rm][serif][timesnewroman][default]
>> [encoding=ec]
>> \definebodyfont[9pt,11pt][rm][default]
>> \setupbodyfont[timesnewroman,rm,11pt]
>>
>> I am not sure what I getting and I am puzzled by the log file ,
>> hence,
>> my question: Is  Times New Roman distributed with the minimals and is
>> this the way to access it?
>
> Hello Alan,
>
> Do you need "something-like-times" or Times New Roman?
>
> This works:
> % possibly \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
> \usetypescript[times][ec]
> \setupbodyfont[times,12pt]
>
> It will give you times-like typeface (TeX Gyre Termes), but not Times
> New Roman. Times New Roman is not distributied (and possibly
> copyrighted).
>
> Mojca

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 14:04 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-01 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> I am running the ConTeXt Minimals of 11/10 and am trying to access
> Times New Roman using the script
>
> \usetypescript [timesnewroman][ec]
> \definetypeface[timesnewroman][rm][serif][timesnewroman][default]
> [encoding=ec]
> \definebodyfont[9pt,11pt][rm][default]
> \setupbodyfont[timesnewroman,rm,11pt]
>
> I am not sure what I getting and I am puzzled by the log file , hence,
> my question: Is  Times New Roman distributed with the minimals and is
> this the way to access it?

Hello Alan,

Do you need "something-like-times" or Times New Roman?

This works:
% possibly \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
\usetypescript[times][ec]
\setupbodyfont[times,12pt]

It will give you times-like typeface (TeX Gyre Termes), but not Times
New Roman. Times New Roman is not distributied (and possibly
copyrighted).

Mojca

* Times New Roman
@ 2008-12-01 13:46 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-12-01 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

I am running the ConTeXt Minimals of 11/10 and am trying to access
Times New Roman using the script

\usetypescript [timesnewroman][ec]
\definetypeface[timesnewroman][rm][serif][timesnewroman][default]
[encoding=ec]
\definebodyfont[9pt,11pt][rm][default]
\setupbodyfont[timesnewroman,rm,11pt]

I am not sure what I getting and I am puzzled by the log file , hence,
my question: Is  Times New Roman distributed with the minimals and is
this the way to access it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Alan

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2005-03-17  9:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-17  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

add/patch this in your texmf.cnf file:

OSFONTDIR =

T1FONTS       = .;$TEXMF/fonts/{type1,pfb}//;$TEXMF/fonts/misc/hbf//;$OSFONTDIR//
AFMFONTS      = .;$TEXMF/fonts/afm//;$OSFONTDIR//
TTFONTS       = .;$TEXMF/fonts/{truetype,ttf}//;$OSFONTDIR//
OPENTYPEFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/opentype//;$OSFONTDIR//

and in your batch file say:

set osfontdir=c:/windows/fonts

that way tex knows where to look for the pfb files

(what are the corresponding values for linux/osx ?)

Hans

>>===== Original Message From Adam Lindsay <atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk> =====
>>I hope you can translate from unix-like pseudo-commands into DOS:
>>
>>make a new, clean temp directory.
>>copy times*.ttf into that directory.
>
>>from that directory, run:
>
>> texfont --ma --in --ve=microsoft --co=timesnewroman --show
>>
>>What happens?
>

> Ok, much progress:-)
>
> 1. Your command worked as is, no need to translate:-))
>
> 2. TeXFont did its magic, with no *apparent* errors (but see below) :
> a. ttf|afm|tfm|vf's are copied to/generated within
> [truetype|afm|tfm|vf]\microsoft\timesnewroman;
> b. texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.map generated in \map\pdftex\context
> c. texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.tex created in temp dir.
>
> 3. Problem: upon compiling texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.tex. I get

>  TeXExec 5.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004
>
>             executable : pdfetex
>                 format : cont-en
>              inputfile : texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman
>                 output : pdftex
>              interface : en
>                options : once
>           current mode : none
>
> This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11b-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
>  (c:/TeXLive/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
> :
> :
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-Timesi): Font texnansi-raw-Timesi at
> 60
> 0 not found
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-Timesbi): Font texnansi-raw-Timesbi at
> 600 not found
>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-Timesbd): Font texnansi-raw-Timesbd at
> 600 not found
> <c:/TeXLive/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr6.pfb>
> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file texnansi-raw-Times): Font texnansi-raw-Times at 600
> not found
> <c:/TeXLive/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmtt10.pfb>
> Output written on texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.pdf (28 pages, 379871
> bytes)
>
> a. Note the warnings;
> b. Adobe complains about an error in opening the page (I'm sending you the pdf
> directly)
>
> 4. Question: how can I make TeXFont default to C:\ConTeXt\texmf-local instead
> of C:\TeXLive\texmf-local?
>
> I think I'm close to the finish line. Thnx 4 all your help!
>
> Idris
>
> Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
> Department of Philosophy
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* RE: Times New Roman
@ 2005-03-16 19:00 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From "Thomas A.Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
=====
>hmm, I have zero experience with Windows and wouldn't get near a
>computer running Windows if you payed me for it,

I certainly agree with this sentiment, and will make yet another attempt to
switch to Linux this year; kde3.4 is looking nice...

>but I guess there must
>be a central configuration file somewhere. On linux and unix systems,
>it's called texmf.cnf.

It's the same here; I'll look into it. There may be some os-related syntax
issues, though, since

kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL

gives

kpsewhich: unrecognized option `-var-value'

But I'll keep working/learning.

Thnx!
Idris

That's where you define which tex-trees you have

@ 2005-03-16 18:25 ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2005-03-16 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, I have zero experience with Windows and wouldn't get near a
computer running Windows if you payed me for it, but I guess there must
be a central configuration file somewhere. On linux and unix systems,
it's called texmf.cnf. That's where you define which tex-trees you have
and in what order they should be searched. So if you want to have your
new C/Context searched first, your C/Texlive second, one of them should
be set as TEXMFLOCAL, the other as TEXMFMAIN. What does

kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL

produce?
On Mar 16, 2005, at 7:08 PM, ishamid wrote:

>> ===== Original Message From "Thomas A.Schmitz"
>> <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
> ====
>
>> Moreover, are you sure that your system is finding texnansi.enc?
>> What does
>> kpsewhich texnansi.enc
>> produce?
>
> Ok I realize that my texfont problems are almost certainly related to
> my
> upgrade problems:
>
> a. From C:\TeXLive (old system)
>
> \system_fonts\timesnewroman>kpsewhich texnansi.enc
> c:/TeXLive/texmf/dvips/ly1/texnansi.enc
>
> so far so good
>
> b. From C\:ConTeXt (latest system)
>
> \system_fonts\timesnewroman>C:\ConTeXt\texmf-mswin\bin\kpsewhich
> texnansi.enc
> \system_fonts\timesnewroman>
>
> nothing found
>
> So I think my problems in part go back to something I asked before:
> how do I
> get my C\:ConTeXt tree to secondarily search the TeXLive tree?
>
> Thnx for all your help!
> Idris
>
> Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
> Department of Philosophy
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523

* RE: Times New Roman
@ 2005-03-16 18:08 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-03-16 17:56 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-03-16 17:21 ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2005-03-16 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a shot in the dark: I've been using texfont a lot these last weeks
and have experienced that it will give you the error message "no afm
files found" when, in fact, the error is somewhere else (in my case,
there was a typo in the encoding used). I would suggest you run texfont
on one font file at a time, don't use the *-shortcut for the time
being. Moreover, are you sure that your system is finding texnansi.enc?
What does
kpsewhich texnansi.enc
produce?
Finally: are the afm files in good standing? How did you produce them?

Best, good luck

Thomas

On Mar 16, 2005, at 4:41 PM, ishamid wrote:

>> ===== Original Message From Adam Lindsay <atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk> =====
>> A few comments/hints:
>
> Thank you!
>
>> On 16 Mar 2005, at 14:40, ishamid wrote:
>>
>>>  TeXFont 1.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2001 (STILL BETA)
>>
>> The TeXfont I'm running is 2.2.1! (I know I added a little bit of .ttf
>> processing code after 2.1)
>
> Ok, I've got 2.2.1 running...
>
>>> I tried things manually without the --pattern option and got a
>>>
>>> texnansi-microsoft-times.tex
>>
>> If this file was generated, that's a good sign that the files were
>> installed. What do you see in:
>> (texlocal)\fonts\tfm\microsoft\times  ?
>
> ok, there are tfm files there, produced by the beta TeXFont, in
> TeXLive\texmf-local\...
>
> But now I can't seem to repeat this with the latest version, and
> TeXFont does
> not find the afm files. As I told Taco:

> C:[...]\system_fonts>C:\ConTeXt\texmf-mswin\bin\texfont
> --vendor=microsoft --collection=timesnewroman --encoding=texnansi
> --pattern=times*.afm --rootlist=C:[...]\system_fonts
>
> TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004
>
> mktexlsr: Updating c:/TeXLive/texmf-local/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Done.
>        encoding vector : texnansi
>            vendor name : microsoft
>            source path : .
>        font collection : timesnewroman
>        texmf font root : c:/texlive/texmf-local
>        pdftex map file : texnansi-microsoft-timesnewroman.map
>       processing files : all in pattern times*.afm
>     locating afm files : using otf files
>     processing aborted : no afm files found
>
> But the afm files are right there in \system_fonts!?!
>
> Any further suggestions will be appreciated!
>
> Idris
>
> Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
> Department of Philosophy
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523

* RE: Times New Roman
@ 2005-03-16 16:05 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Adam Lindsay <atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk> =====
>On 16 Mar 2005, at 15:39, ishamid wrote:
>
>> But the afm files are right there in \system_fonts!?!
>>
>> Any further suggestions will be appreciated!
>>
>I'm pretty mac-centric, but I thought the TNR fonts were .ttf.

That's right.

>If texfont gets pointed to .ttf files, it runs ttf2afm itself, I thought.

Well, I just followed the instructions in mag-0009.pdf. I created my own
\system_fonts folder to do the work, then manually generated the afm's per
Hans' instructions. After generating all four afms I called upn TeXFont from
within the same directory with the generated afm's.

In any case, I'm not sure that TeXFont generates the afm's, since it seems to
be looking for them, or at least Hans' instructions do not use this method...

>Also, did you run the generated test file?

Yes, but that was created by the old TeXFont1.5.

>Deadline or no, take it slowly and methodically:
>pas de panique!

C'est tres vrais, and always good advice!

@ 2005-03-16 15:41 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-03-16 14:56 ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-03-16 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

A few comments/hints:

On 16 Mar 2005, at 14:40, ishamid wrote:

>  TeXFont 1.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2001 (STILL BETA)

The TeXfont I'm running is 2.2.1! (I know I added a little bit of .ttf
processing code after 2.1)

> I tried things manually without the --pattern option and got a
>
> texnansi-microsoft-times.tex

If this file was generated, that's a good sign that the files were
installed. What do you see in:
(texlocal)\fonts\tfm\microsoft\times  ?

You can verify they were installed with:
texexec --once texnansi-microsoft-times.tex
  (can also add --mode=compact to the CLI).

HTH,
adam

* Re: Times New Roman
@ 2005-03-16 14:48 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-03-16 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I do not know much about the font installation process, but I did
notice that your TeXFont banner indicates that you use a really old
version. My TeXFont says:

   [taco@glenlivet TED]$ texfont --help

   TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

        --fontroot=path : texmf destination font root
(default:/opt/tex/texmf.local)

so perhaps that is what is causing your problems?

Greetings, Taco

@ 2005-03-16 14:40 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-16 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

[I know that all of us and Hans in particular is quite busy but if anyone can
give me some guidance on this, before I get into trouble with my editor...]

Dear consortium,

I'm having trouble preparing times new roman for ConTeXt. I'm trying to follow
the instructions in mag-0009.pdf, but TeXfont does not want to behave:-(

\system_fonts>texfont --vendor=microsoft --collection=times
--encoding=texnansi --pattern=times*.afm

 TeXFont 1.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2001 (STILL BETA)

   processing aborted : unknown option --pattern=times*.afm

I tried things manually without the --pattern option and got a

texnansi-microsoft-times.tex

file, from which I manually constructed a

texnansi-microsoft-times.map

file with four lines:

texnansi-raw-times    4 < times.pfb   texnansi.enc
texnansi-raw-timesbd  4 < timesbd.pfb texnansi.enc
texnansi-raw-timesbi  4 < timesbi.pfb texnansi.enc
texnansi-raw-timesi   4 < timesi.pfb  texnansi.enc

I then tried manually constructing the tfm files with afm2tfm but alas...

\system_fonts>afm2tfm times[bd|bi|i]
! no Adobe characters
% LIGKERN ff l =: ffl ;
^
and empty tfm files

Not sure where to go from here...

I'm also going to need Arial from WINNT\Fonts as well...