* \newbibfield[help!] : Very quick question.
@ 2005-04-01  0:09 David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2005-04-01  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings all,

In working with the bib module, I've been trying to understand the
addition of a field. There is a "\newbibfield" command, but it is not
entirely clear where to declare it. E.g., I want to have a field called
"yearnote". If I place this in the list of commands in the t-bib.tex
file, and call for it with "\insertyearnote" in the
\setuppublicationlayout, it works perfectly. But declaring
\newbibfield[yearnote] yields me an "undefined control sequence". Is
there a special place to declare the latter? — I've tried in my current
file, before and after \starttext, in the .bbl file, before and after
\setuppublicationlist… no luck!

Regards,
David

* Re: \newbibfield[help!] : Very quick question.
@ 2005-04-01  6:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-04-01  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Wooten wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> In working with the bib module, I've been trying to understand the
> addition of a field. There is a "\newbibfield" command, but it is not
> entirely clear where to declare it.

The normal place would be in the bibl-XXX style, because it depends
on that. But anywhere after \usemodule[bib], but before \starttext
should be fine. It didn't work because there is a huge (!) typo in the
current t-bib.tex. Right after loading the module, please add these
three lines to your source  (or patch the module itself)

   \def\newbibfield[#1]%
     {\simplebibdef{#1}%
      \edef\bibcommandlist{\bibcommandlist,#1}}

Greetings,

Taco