* new command question
@ 2005-04-04 20:42 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-04-04 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear musketeers,

Instead of, say,

\usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
\usetypescript[URWGaramond]
\setupbodyfont[urwgaramond,10pt]

I would like to define a single command as follows, using the ConTeXt option
method instead of \def{}{}{}:

\globalbodyfont[type-ugm][URWGaramond][urwgaramond,10pt]

I would like to learn how to do this. Thnx in advance for your help.

[Does ConTeXt already have a one line global command for this? or is there a
better way?]

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: new command question
@ 2005-04-05 17:38 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-04-05 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Instead of, say,
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
> \usetypescript[URWGaramond]
> \setupbodyfont[urwgaramond,10pt]
>
> I would like to define a single command as follows, using the ConTeXt option
> method instead of \def{}{}{}:
>
> \globalbodyfont[type-ugm][URWGaramond][urwgaramond,10pt]
>
> I would like to learn how to do this. Thnx in advance for your help.

Hello Idris,
there are some good pages on the wiki about this subject.

I don't know, if the option method is the best way to realize your
\globalbodyfont command. I would do it as simple as this:
\def\globalbodyfont[#1][#2][#3]{%
  \usetypescriptfile[#1]
  \usetypescript[#2]
  \setupbodyfont[#3]}

I my opinion, the \globalbodyfont command is not that much better for the
end-user, than the other 3 commands. I would rather make an
environment-file:
\startenvironment e-garamond
\usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
\usetypescript[URWGaramond]
\setupbodyfont[urwgaramond]
\stopenvironment
And then just "\environment e-garamond" in the document-file.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: new command question
@ 2005-04-05 21:42   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-05 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

> I don't know, if the option method is the best way to realize your
> \globalbodyfont command. I would do it as simple as this:
> \def\globalbodyfont[#1][#2][#3]{%
>   \usetypescriptfile[#1]
>   \usetypescript[#2]
>   \setupbodyfont[#3]}

the name \globalbodyfont is likely to clash (either now or in the future)

> I my opinion, the \globalbodyfont command is not that much better for the
> end-user, than the other 3 commands. I would rather make an
> environment-file:
> \startenvironment e-garamond
> \usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
> \usetypescript[URWGaramond]
> \setupbodyfont[urwgaramond]
> \stopenvironment
> And then just "\environment e-garamond" in the document-file.

indeed the rpefered way; an alternative is:

\startenvironment my-fonts

\startmode[garamond]
   \usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
   \usetypescript[URWGaramond]
   \setupbodyfont[urwgaramond]
\stopmode

\stopenvironment

and then

\enablemode[garamond] \environment my-fonts

that way you can collect all your special stuff in one file

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE