* RE: Activating urls
@ 2005-04-08  3:53 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-04-08  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

<ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====
>How are you viewing this?  Perhaps your application doesn’t support
>hyperlinks, or they have been disabled in it?,

Hi (and thnx 4 your advice),

Upon compiling the following file, I get hyperlinks in the table of contents,
I get colors for both contents and hyperlinks, but the url hyperlink still
does not work. That is, Acrobat does not point out the link or allow me to
click on it.

Any idea what's missing? Is it a bug? I'm running the 3-16 mswincontext
version.

Best
Idris

===========================
% output=pdf interface=en

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupinteraction[state=start,color=darkgreen]
\setupurl [color=darkgreen]

\useURL
[Adobe]
[http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/font/5091.Design_MM_Fonts.pdf]

\starttext

\placecontent

\page

\chapter{Test}

\section{Test}

\url[Adobe].

\stoptext
===========================

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* RE: Activating urls
@ 2005-04-07 22:43 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-04-07 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Nikolai (and Patrick too!)

The following outputs the url but I don't get a hyperlink:

% output=pdf interface=en

\useURL
[Adobe]
[http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/font/5091.Design_MM_Fonts.pdf]
\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\url[Adobe].

\stoptext

Am I missing yet something else?

Best
Idris

============================

@ 2005-04-07 19:30 Loeghmon Tadayon Nejad
From: Loeghmon Tadayon Nejad @ 2005-04-07 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Everyone,

I am a really disenchanted user of MS Word and absolutely new to the world of Tex. Will someone virtually hold my hand and recommend a version of Tex and some tutorial that tells me how to install the program, compile a .tex file, execute, etc.? I hope I can learn enough in three months and ask better questions then! Thank you all.

Idris Samawi Hamid <ishamid@lamar.colostate.edu> wrote:
Dear knights,

How do I get url hyperlinks? The following does not work, so I am missing
something:

\starttext

{\tt \useURL
[Adobe]
[http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/font/5091.Design_MM_Fonts.pdf][
][]
}.

\stoptext

Also, is there a manual that covers this topic?

Best
Idris

Regards,

Loeghmon Tadayon  Nejad