* Path searches (good news!)
@ 2005-03-25  3:09 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-25  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear cartel,

I've been trying to control the search paths with
C:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-local\web2c\texmf.cnf, but I just realized that
setuptex.bat overrides texmf.cnf. The way I found out is interesting:

Upon running mktexlsr I get the line

mktexlsr: c:/CONTEXT/tex/texmf-project is not a directory. Skipping...

But in \texmf-local\web2c texmf.cnf has, not `texmf-project', but rather
`texmf-projects' (with plural).  And setuptex.bat is the only file that
mentions `texmf-project';-)

So now I have configured setuptex.bat to search TeXLive. The only hassle is
that I must remember to back up my copy the next time ConTeXt updates. In case
anyone else needs to do this (until Hans provides a better way;->)

===========================
set TEXMFMAIN=%TEXPATH%texmf
set TEXMFLOCAL=%TEXPATH%texmf-local
set TEXMFFONTS=%TEXPATH%texmf-fonts
set TEXMFEXTRA=%TEXPATH%texmf-extra
REM set TEXMFPROJECT=%TEXPATH%texmf-project
set TEXMFOS=%TEXPATH%texmf-mswin
set VARTEXMF=%TMP%\texmf-var
set HOMETEXMF=c:/TEXLIVE/texmf
set HOMETEXMFVAR=c:/TEXLIVE/texmf-var

<snip>

REM set
TEXMF={$TEXMFOS,$TEXMFPROJECT,$TEXMFFONTS,$TEXMFLOCAL,$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN
,$HOMETEXMF}
set
TEXMF={$TEXMFOS,$TEXMFFONTS,$TEXMFLOCAL,$TEXMFEXTRA,$TEXMFMAIN,$HOMETEXMFVAR,$
HOMETEXMF}

If I'm missing something or if there is a better/saner way please let me know.

Now on to those other 3 problems in my previous email;->

Idris

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-03-25  3:09 UTC | newest]