* Step repeat pdf in overlay
@ 2005-04-27  4:16 Randall Skelton
From: Randall Skelton @ 2005-04-27  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've created a small (15x15 mm) tile image (actually a vector PDF)
that I'd like repeat on a cover page but I'm at a bit of a loss as to
how to step repeat* the image.  Here is what I have:

\useexternalfigure[cover][background]
\defineoverlay[cover][{\externalfigure[cover][repeat=yes]}]
\starttext
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=cover]
\startstandardmakeup
My title goes here
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

As one might expect, I get a tiny tile in the centre of the page.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Randall

* By 'step repeat' I mean something like:
  http://www.excourse.com/steps/
  http://www.adobe.com/education/pdf/id_tutorials/suzanne/step_and_repeat.pdf

* Re: Step repeat pdf in overlay
@ 2005-04-27  9:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-27  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randall Skelton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a small (15x15 mm) tile image (actually a vector PDF)
> that I'd like repeat on a cover page but I'm at a bit of a loss as to
> how to step repeat* the image.  Here is what I have:
>
> \useexternalfigure[cover][background]
> \defineoverlay[cover][{\externalfigure[cover][repeat=yes]}]
> \starttext
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=cover]
> \startstandardmakeup
> My title goes here
> \stopstandardmakeup
> \stoptext
>
> As one might expect, I get a tiny tile in the centre of the page.  Any ideas?

undocumented (needed for x-fo):

\backgroundimage{1}{\hsize}{\vsize}{\externalfigure[cow][width=3cm]}

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE