* RE: lmr (texnansi vs ec)
@ 2005-03-26 23:51 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-26 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Vit Zyka <vit.zyka@seznam.cz> =====
>ishamid wrote:
>> Dear gang,
>>
>> Why does lmr in ConTeXt use the ec instead of the texnansi encoding? I just
>> noticed that all of my macros that use, e.g.,
>>
>> \char'25
>
>lmr is defined for both ec and texnansi encodings (and even for qx). But
>ec is default. Use
>   \usetypescript[latin-modern][texnansi]
>   \setupbodyfont[latin-modern]

Ok; it just seems strange that texnansi is not the default, since that's
closer to Knuth's original. Maybe its because I (like Knuth) am in America
where we don't have accents-)

>Ishamid, \char is wrong approach since it is encoding-dependent
>definition. Use glyph name instead, like \endash, \Aacute.

Are those names defined in Plain TeX? But that's a good idea anyway; I'll just
depend on the ConTeXt framework.

>But ... your glyph number 25 is not defined in the texnansi. So what it is?

TeXBook, page 427, character '025
(in ec, \char'10 or \textbreve)

Best and Thnx!
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: lmr (texnansi vs ec)
@ 2005-03-28 14:36 ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-28 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> Why does lmr in ConTeXt use the ec instead of the texnansi encoding? I just
> noticed that all of my macros that use, e.g.,
>
> \char'25
>
> are now bringing up the wrong symbols. Shouldn't ConTeXt default to the
> encoding most consistent with cmr (surely I am not the only one who depended
> on the old TeX encoding->)

i'd like to make texnansi default, but unfortunately most other (tex live) fonts
ship only in ec encoding

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: lmr (texnansi vs ec)
@ 2005-03-26 19:52 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-03-26 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> Why does lmr in ConTeXt use the ec instead of the texnansi encoding? I just
> noticed that all of my macros that use, e.g.,
>
> \char'25

lmr is defined for both ec and texnansi encodings (and even for qx). But
ec is default. Use
   \usetypescript[latin-modern][texnansi]
   \setupbodyfont[latin-modern]

Ishamid, \char is wrong approach since it is encoding-dependent
definition. Use glyph name instead, like \endash, \Aacute.

But ... your glyph number 25 is not defined in the texnansi. So what it is?

vit

* lmr (texnansi vs ec)
@ 2005-03-26 16:03 ishamid