From: Duncan Hothersall <dh@capdm.com>
Subject: \setupMMLappearance
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 10:11:56 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello MathMLers.

I just discovered the very promising \setupMMLappearance command, which
looked like it held the answer to one of my most niggling of problems
with display MathML processing - the fact that in a tabular layout using
<mtable> I couldn't make the left-hand-side right-aligned, the middle
(equals sign) centred and the right-hand-side left-aligned. The default
layout has all columns centred.

So having looked through the sources I tried
\setupMMLappearance[mtable][alternative=b] and to my joy the horizontal
alignment seemed to be perfect. But... the vertical spacing seems to
have changed as well. There is now just a bit more vertical space
between the rows, which throws my existing pagination out of whack, and
also looks ugly.

I think I reached my limit on understanding the sources, so I wonder if
someone could help by telling me if there are any other options for the
magical \setupMMLappearance command which might help, or indeed any
other fine-tuning commands for MathML layout.

One other thing I'd really like to be able to do is have the entire
equation aligned on the left rather than centred in the text flow. Is
there an option for that?

Thanks very much to anyone who can help.

Duncan