* RE: Postscript fonts (was: gwTeX and missing PS fonts)
@ 2005-04-27 21:08 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-04-27 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ville,

<ntg-context@ntg.nl>
>  I want to make documents with Times/Helvetica/Courier
>  combination (as was done with "pos"). I do not have the
>  commercial fonts, but I do have the TeX Live (or teTeX)
>  distribution. What is the right way to get to use the
>  fonts?

The following works for me in the latest official Context (3-16-05):
\starttext

\definetypeface [helvetica] [ss] [sans] [helvetica] [default] [encoding=ec]
\switchtotypeface [helvetica] [12pt,ss]

Helvetica

\input tufte.tex

\definetypeface [times] [rm] [serif] [times] [default] [encoding=ec]
\switchtotypeface [times] [14.4pt,rm]

Times

\input tufte.tex

\stoptext
Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Postscript fonts (was: gwTeX and missing PS fonts)
@ 2005-04-27 20:42 Ville Voipio
From: Ville Voipio @ 2005-04-27 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> However, something else broke when I upgraded. I cannot get the
> Postscript fonts working anymore. Here is what I have in the file:
>
>    \usetypescript[adobekb][\defaultencoding]
>    \setupbodyfont[pos,11pt]

By some grepping into the sources I found the problem. It seems
that the file type-pre.tex has changed between the versions I
have been using. Now there is the extra line:

  \starttypescriptcollection[previous]

which seems to cause the problem of "unknown variant: pos". Without
knowing anything more, a simple "usetypescriptcollection" or
something similar would be my guess.

However, I am a bit afraid of the word "previous" and the comments
in the beginning of the file.

So, a question follows:

  I want to make documents with Times/Helvetica/Courier
  combination (as was done with "pos"). I do not have the
  commercial fonts, but I do have the TeX Live (or teTeX)
  distribution. What is the right way to get to use the
  fonts?

I'm sorry but I do not like the Computer Modern in my reports and
brochures. I want to have something else, and that something
should be easy to use in any distribution.

TIA,

- Ville