* how to align footer text
@ 2005-05-12  4:37 Paul Tremblay
From: Paul Tremblay @ 2005-05-12  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I set up the space between the bottom of the page and my footer
text?

I need to setup a 1 inch margin at the bottom of the page. I need for
the pagenumber to be centered and 1/2 inch from the bottom. Here's
what I have:

\definelayout[MyCustomLayout][
topspace=1in,
header=0in,
bottomspace=1.0in,
bottomdistance=.5in,
footer=.5in,
footerdistance=1mm,
backspace=1.5in,
cutspace=.75in,
height=middle,
width=middle,]
\setuplayout[MyCustomLayout]
\part{}

setupfootertexts[\hfill{}\pagenumber{}\hfill{}][][\hfill{}\pagenumber{}\hfill{}][]

The problem with this setup is that the page number appears to close
to the bottom of the page.

Thanks

Paul

--

************************
*Paul Tremblay         *

* Re: how to align footer text
@ 2005-05-12  5:54 ` luigi.scarso
From: luigi.scarso @ 2005-05-12  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Tremblay wrote:

>How do I set up the space between the bottom of the page and my footer
>text?
>
>I need to setup a 1 inch margin at the bottom of the page. I need for
>the pagenumber to be centered and 1/2 inch from the bottom. Here's
>what I have:
>
>\definelayout[MyCustomLayout][
>topspace=1in,
>header=0in,
>bottomspace=1.0in,
>bottomdistance=.5in,
>footer=.5in,
>footerdistance=1mm,
>backspace=1.5in,
>cutspace=.75in,
>height=middle,
>width=middle,]
>\setuplayout[MyCustomLayout]
>\part{}
>

>setupfootertexts[\hfill{}\pagenumber{}\hfill{}][][\hfill{}\pagenumber{}\hfill{}][]
>
>The problem with this setup is that the page number appears to close
>to the bottom of the page.
>
>Thanks
>
>Paul

Maybe this can help you
\setupfootertexts[%
{\vbox to 0.9\footerheight{\hsize=\textwidth %
\vfil
\centerline{\pagenumber}%
\vfil}}]

luigi