* Re: try compiling Tex showcase source : program_sample.tex
@ 2005-05-12 20:45 olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2005-05-12 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Creutzig wrote:

 >>  The files are deliberately incomplete. ...generate the output, is
more than a simple texexec.   :-)

 >> Regards,
 >>     Christopher

Hi Christopher,
I was trying to compile Program-sample.tex because I find the
transparent white frame over the grey background very nice to see for a
pure electronic pdf. In the same range, the vit Zyka font demo catalog
(http://typokvitek.com/stormcontext/) push hard the limit of those
transparent overlays that I'm still in quest to reproduce.

Salutations
--
Olivier TURLIER

* Re: Re: try compiling Tex showcase source : program_sample.tex
@ 2005-05-12 21:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-05-12 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

olivier Turlier wrote:
> Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>
>  >> olivier Turlier wrote:
>  >>
>  >
>  >>>> I've tryed to compile whithout success.
>  >
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  The files are deliberately incomplete. ...generate the output, is
> more than a simple texexec.   :-)
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Regards,
>  >>     Christopher
>
> Hi Christopher,
> I was trying to compile Program-sample.tex because I find the
> transparent white frame over the grey background very nice to see for a
> pure electronic pdf. In the same range, the vit Zyka font demo catalog

interesting document (maybe there should be a copy on the wiki)

> (http://typokvitek.com/stormcontext/) push hard the limit of those
> transparent overlays that I'm still in quest to reproduce.

not sure what you mean here ... the demo shows up ok here; (maybe it will look
slightly better if the big two-chars are behind the text) ; the main thing to
keep into mind with transparencies is that some versions of the reader mess up
anti aliasing when transparencies are involved;

i took a quick look in the style -)

\expandafter\processcommalist\expandafter[\glyphset]\doglyph

==> processcommacommand[\glyphset]\doglyph

\expandafter\switchtobodyfont\expandafter[\the\bigInitSize]#1}%

==> \expanded{\switchtobodyfont[\the\bigInitSize]}

actually i think that the expanded is not even needed here

(best to use UpperCaseNames in order to prevent clashes)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-05-16 17:23   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-05-16 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> olivier Turlier wrote:
>> I was trying to compile Program-sample.tex because I find the
>> transparent white frame over the grey background very nice to see for a
>> pure electronic pdf. In the same range, the vit Zyka font demo catalog
>
> interesting document (maybe there should be a copy on the wiki)

Thanks to Patrick it is already on wiki:
   http://modules.contextgarden.net/stormfontsupport
There is also source code for the catalogue:
   http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/stormfontsupport/stormcontext-cat.zip

vit

P.S. Sorry for a delay I was several days off.

* Re: Re: try compiling Tex showcase source : program_sample.tex
@ 2005-07-17 16:47 ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2005-07-17 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

olivier Turlier wrote:

> I was trying to compile Program-sample.tex because I find the
> transparent white frame over the grey background very nice to see for a
> pure electronic pdf. In the same range, the vit Zyka font demo catalog

  Sorry for not answering for such a long time.  Please try the
following code:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startuseMPgraphic{bgnd}
   StartPage;
   linear_shade(llcorner Page -- urcorner Page
                -- ulcorner Page -- cycle, 2,
                0.2[red,green], 0.8[red,green]);
   linear_shade(llcorner Page -- lrcorner Page
                -- urcorner Page -- cycle, 2,
                0.2[green,red], 0.8[green, red]);
   BoundPageAreas;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[bgnd][\useMPgraphic{bgnd}]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=bgnd]

\startuseMPgraphic{brighten}
   StartPage;
   fill Field[Text][Text] enlarged 2pt
     withcolor transparent(1, 0.5, white);
   BoundPageAreas;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[brighten][\useMPgraphic{brighten}]

\setupbackgrounds[text][background=brighten,backgroundoffset=2pt]

\starttext

\input tufte

\stoptext

  I'm getting a displaced background this way (leaving the
backgroundoffset out does not help), but I'm sure someone will be able
to tell us the secret incantation to fix that.

  Strange thing is – I had tried that a while ago and the transparency
was simply lost.  (Right now, the numbers must be different depending on
whether you put the thing in front of an MP graphic or in front of a
plain color background.)  If that happens to you, try putting both
graphics into the same stack of backgrounds, as in

\setupbackgrounds[page][background={bgnd,brighten}]

As a last resort, you could of course join the code into one MP graphic.

Christopher

* Re: Re: try compiling Tex showcase source : program_sample.tex
@ 2005-07-17 22:35   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-17 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> olivier Turlier wrote:
>
>> I was trying to compile Program-sample.tex because I find the
>> transparent white frame over the grey background very nice to see for a
>> pure electronic pdf. In the same range, the vit Zyka font demo catalog
>

>  Sorry for not answering for such a long time.  Please try the
> following code:
>

> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{bgnd}
>   StartPage;
>   linear_shade(llcorner Page -- urcorner Page
>                -- ulcorner Page -- cycle, 2,
>                0.2[red,green], 0.8[red,green]);
>   linear_shade(llcorner Page -- lrcorner Page
>                -- urcorner Page -- cycle, 2,
>                0.2[green,red], 0.8[green, red]);
>   BoundPageAreas;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \defineoverlay[bgnd][\useMPgraphic{bgnd}]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=bgnd]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{brighten}
>   StartPage;
>   fill Field[Text][Text] enlarged 2pt
>     withcolor transparent(1, 0.5, white);
>   BoundPageAreas;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \defineoverlay[brighten][\useMPgraphic{brighten}]
>
> \setupbackgrounds[text][background=brighten,backgroundoffset=2pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
>

>  I'm getting a displaced background this way (leaving the
> backgroundoffset out does not help), but I'm sure someone will be able
> to tell us the secret incantation to fix that.

That's because you operate on a page (btw, it's StartPage ... StopPage);
In this case you can better use:

\startuseMPgraphic{brighten}
  fill OverlayBox enlarged 2pt

@ 2005-05-08 19:36 ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2005-05-08 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

olivier Turlier wrote:

> I've tryed to compile program-sample.tex, found after G.Wierda
> announcement, located at :
> http://tug.org/texshowcase/program_sample.tex, whithout success.

  The files are deliberately incomplete.  I hope I left enough in there
to learn from, but the particular background is intended for our local
juggling association only.  But even with the complete files, I never
documented the steps to generate the output, which unfortunately (mostly
due to memory limitations in Metapost) is more than a simple texexec.  :-)

Regards,
	Christopher

* Re: try compiling Tex showcase source : program_sample.tex
@ 2005-05-03 18:44 ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-05-03 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

None of the examples are guaranteed to compile. The sources are only
there for visual inspection/illustration.

@ 2005-05-03  9:55 ` olibou
From: olibou @ 2005-05-03  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

olivier Turlier <crp.tbeb@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Hi contexperts,
> I've tryed to compile program-sample.tex, found after G.Wierda
> announcement, located at :
> http://tug.org/texshowcase/program_sample.tex, whithout success.
> I'm running winxp + mswincontext.zip (2005-03-16).
>
> Can you play with it?
>
> TIA for your answers
>
> --
> Olivier TURLIER
> Formation & Métiers
> CRP La Rouguière
> 101 Bd des libérateurs
> 13367 MARSEILLE cedex 11
> tel : 04 91 18 56 00
> fax : 04 91 45 14 48

Neither do I .. seems to me that there are some files missing ... no ?
 (figur.mp for example )
--
 Oli

People get annoyed when you try to debug them
             (Larry Wall : 2nd state of the onion)

* try compiling Tex showcase source : program_sample.tex
@ 2005-05-03  9:16 olivier Turlier
                   ` (2 more replies)