From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: replace chapter text by an image, possible ?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:29:25 +0200	[thread overview]

VnPenguin wrote:
> On 5/19/05, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>VnPenguin wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>I would like to know if it's possible to replace the chapter text by an image ?
>>>How to do that ? And in this case, how to insert a normal text into
>>>TOC manually in order to have a normal TOC.
>>>
>>>Thank you in advance,
>>
>>\useexternalfigure[chapter-1][cow.pdf]
>>\useexternalfigure[chapter-2][hacker.jpg]
>>
>>\setuphead
>>   [chapter]
>>   [command=\MyChapterCommand]
>>
>>\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%
>>   {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}
>
> Your code works fine. However when I try to add TOC:
>
> \chapter{One}
> \section{One-1}
>
> \chapter{Two}
> \section{Two-1}
>
> \setuplist [chapter][before=\blank, after=\blank,
> style={\switchtobodyfont[20pt]\bf}]
> \setuplist [section][margin=2em, width=3em]
> \setuplist [chapter,section][interaction=all]
> \setupcombinedlist
>        [content]
>        [alternative=c, aligntitle=no, width=2em]
>
> \placelist[chapter,section]
>
> In the TOC result, there are ONLY item for section. You see, this
> question is not simple at all :)

I don't know the mechanisms behind the scenes, but I suppose that you
override placing the chapter in TOC if you make your own
"command=\MyChapterCommand".

(Line 2034 in core-sec.tex is \c!command=\@@placehead. Is this one
perhaps responsible for the strange behavior?)

However this solves the problem:

\setuphead
    [chapter]
    [textcommand=\MyChapterTextCommand,
     numbercommand=\MyChapterNumberCommand]

\def\MyChapterNumberCommand#1{} % hide chapter number

\def\MyChapterTextCommand#1%
    {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}

Mojca