* Re: Supress chapter number in sections
       [not found] <20050527100003.436E0127D0@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-05-27 15:25 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-05-27 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randall wrote:

> I'm bumping my last question here...  As Duncan suggested,
>
> \setupsection[section-3][previousnumber=no]
>
> supresses the chapter section numbers in my section headings.  Is
> there an easy way to do likewise for the figure and equation numbers
> such that the numbering does not include the chapter number?

(Stirred into action by a namecheck :-))

This will change all numbering to just be sequential throughout a text,
rather than run by chapter:
\setupnumbering[way=bytext]

Duncan

* Re: Supress chapter number in sections
@ 2005-05-27  3:13     ` Randall Skelton
From: Randall Skelton @ 2005-05-27  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm bumping my last question here...  As Duncan suggested,

\setupsection[section-3][previousnumber=no]

supresses the chapter section numbers in my section headings.  Is
there an easy way to do likewise for the figure and equation numbers
such that the numbering does not include the chapter number?

Cheers,
Randall

* Re: Supress chapter number in sections
@ 2005-05-05 14:41   ` Randall Skelton
From: Randall Skelton @ 2005-05-05 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Randall. It's a slightly confusing one - this behaviour is actually
> controlled via the \setupsection command, which deals with the
> high-level behaviour of sectioning commands like \chapter and
> (confusingly!) \section. The setup you want is
>
> \setupsection[section-3][previousnumber=no]
>
> The rationale is that \part is section-1, \chapter is section-2 and
> \section is section-3. See the manual entry for \setupsection for more info.

Thanks Duncan, the above does exactly what I want for the section
numbers.  Is there a way to do this for figure and equation numbers as
well?

Cheers,
Randall

* Re: Supress chapter number in sections
       [not found] <20050504091212.BC3A31280E@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-05-04 11:54 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-05-04 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-05-03 15:36 Randall Skelton
From: Randall Skelton @ 2005-05-03 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've fiddled with almost every parameter in sethead but cannot seem to
find the correct one.  I'd like to suppress the chapter numbers in a
relatively large document such that numbering of sections, tables,
figures and equations begins at 1 instead of 1.1.  Is there a simple
way to do this?

Here are how my chapters and sections are currently defined:

\def\MyChapterText#1{\leftaligned{#1}}

\setuphead[Topic,chapter]
  [textcommand=\MyChapterText,
   textstyle={\switchtobodyfont[Titling,20pt]\sc},
   color=black,
   number=no,
   page=right,
   continue=no,
   header=empty,
   distance=0pt,
   before=\vbox to 3cm\bgroup,
   after=\vss\egroup]

\def\MySectionText#1{\switchtobodyfont[12pt]\sc\lowercase{#1}}

\setuphead[Subject, section]
  [textcommand=\MySectionText,
   style={\sc},
   color=black,