* Re: Need help with \definetabulate
       [not found] <mailman.1.1349690401.7712.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-10-15  6:03 ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-10-15  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Marco,

> \definetabulate [alpha] [|l|l|l|]
> \setuptabulate  [alpha] [bodyfont=small]

This does not work for me quite the way I need it to. I am really just after defining the font-size, but I would like to leave the column setup to the user (I am building an environment and that I would like everyone in my team to use to ensure a consistent look-and-feel or all documents). So, ideally, I would like to do this:

> \definetabulate [alpha]
> \setuptabulate  [alpha] [bodyfont=small]
> \starttext[|l|l|l|]
>  \startalpha
>    \NC first \NC second \NC third \NC\NR
>  \stopalpha

> \stoptext

...but that does not seem to work. Any way I can achieve this?

> Feel free to add an example. It's a wiki!

Sure. Will do, once I have this working.

Thank you,
Malte.

> Hi Malte
>
>> I am trying to define two tabulate styles as follows:
>>
>> - \setuptabulate[split=yes, bodyfont=small]
>> - \setuptabulate[split=yes]
>
> \definetabulate [alpha] [|l|l|l|]
> \setuptabulate  [alpha] [bodyfont=small]
>
> \definetabulate [beta] [|l|l|]
> \setuptabulate  [beta] [bodyfont=small, split=yes]
>
> \starttext
>  \startalpha
>    \NC first \NC second \NC third \NC\NR
>  \stopalpha
>
>  \startbeta
>    \NC lorem \NC ipsum \NC\NR
>  \stopbeta
> \stoptext
>
>> ...such that I can just refer to them when I
>> \starttabulate...\stoptabulate somewhere.
>
> To refer to a table, you place it as a float and use the
> `reference=tab:alphatable` key. Then in the text you refer to the
> table, see \in{table}[tab:alphatable].
>
>> I thought, the command \definetabulate would come in handy here,
>> but I can't work it out and it appears the documentation on that
>> command is pretty scarce.
>>
>>  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definetabulate
>
> Feel free to add an example. It's a wiki!
>

> Marco

* Fwd:  Need help with \definetabulate
@ 2012-10-16  9:21   ` Malte Stien
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-10-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any pointers anyone? I need to get this working and am running out of ideas.

Thank you,
Malte.

Begin forwarded message:

@ 2012-10-16  9:41     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-10-16  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.10.2012 um 11:21 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:

> Any pointers anyone? I need to get this working and am running out of ideas.

\def\startalpha
  {\dosingleempty\dostartalpha}

\def\dostartalpha[#1]#2\stopalpha
  {\iffirstargument
     \starttabulate   [#1]#2\stoptabulate
   \else
     \starttabulate[|l|p|]#2\stoptabulate
   \fi}

\def\startbeta
  {\dosingleempty\dostartbeta}

\def\dostartbeta[#1]#2\stopbeta
  {\iffirstargument
     \starttabulate   [#1][bodyfont=small]#2\stoptabulate
   \else
     \starttabulate[|l|p|][bodyfont=small]#2\stoptabulate
   \fi}

\starttext

\startalpha
\NC 1 \NC 2 \NC\NR
\stopalpha

\startalpha[|l|l|l|]
\NC 1 \NC 2 \NC 3 \NC\NR
\stopalpha

\startbeta
\NC 1 \NC 2 \NC\NR
\stopbeta

\startbeta[|l|l|l|]
\NC 1 \NC 2 \NC 3 \NC\NR
\stopbeta

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Fwd: Need help with \definetabulate
@ 2012-10-16 10:52     ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-10-16 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

The problem is that \starttabulate does not accept a format parameter.

Cheap solution (only figured it out now, or I'd have replied before): use

\setuptabulate[alpha][format={....}]

before every \startalpha call.
It's not very contexty syntax, but on the other hand it requires no
new definitions at all.

Full example below.
Cheers,
Sietse

\definetabulate[alpha][|l|] % dummy format
\setuptabulate[alpha][style=bold]

\setuptabulate[alpha][format={|r|r|r|}]
\startalpha
\NC r \NC r \NC r \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
\stopalpha

\setuptabulate[alpha][format={|c|c|}]
\startalpha
\NC c \NC c \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \NC \NR
\stopalpha

* Re: Fwd: Need help with \definetabulate
@ 2012-10-16 11:08       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-10-16 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-10-2012 12:52, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
> The problem is that \starttabulate does not accept a format parameter.
>
> Cheap solution (only figured it out now, or I'd have replied before): use
>
> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={....}]
>
> before every \startalpha call.
> It's not very contexty syntax, but on the other hand it requires no
> new definitions at all.
>
> Full example below.
> Cheers,
> Sietse
>
> \definetabulate[alpha][|l|] % dummy format
> \setuptabulate[alpha][style=bold]
>
> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={|r|r|r|}]
> \startalpha
> \NC r \NC r \NC r \NC \NR
> \NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
> \stopalpha
>
> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={|c|c|}]
> \startalpha
> \NC c \NC c \NC \NR
> \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
> \stopalpha

There's also:

\starttext

\definetabulate
   [whatever]
   [|l|r|]

\definetabulate
   [whatever][else]
   [|l|c|r|]

\startwhatever
\NC l    \NC r     \NC \NR
\NC left \NC right \NC \NR
\stopwhatever

\startwhatever[else]
\NC l    \NC m      \NC r     \NC \NR
\NC left \NC middle \NC right \NC \NR
\stopwhatever

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-10-16 11:23         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-10-16 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.10.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> On 16-10-2012 12:52, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
>> The problem is that \starttabulate does not accept a format parameter.
>>
>> Cheap solution (only figured it out now, or I'd have replied before): use
>>
>> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={....}]
>>
>> before every \startalpha call.
>> It's not very contexty syntax, but on the other hand it requires no
>> new definitions at all.
>>
>> Full example below.
>> Cheers,
>> Sietse
>>
>> \definetabulate[alpha][|l|] % dummy format
>> \setuptabulate[alpha][style=bold]
>>
>> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={|r|r|r|}]
>> \startalpha
>> \NC r \NC r \NC r \NC \NR
>> \NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
>> \stopalpha
>>
>> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={|c|c|}]
>> \startalpha
>> \NC c \NC c \NC \NR
>> \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
>> \stopalpha
>
> There's also:
>
> \starttext
>
> \definetabulate
>  [whatever]
>  [|l|r|]
>
> \definetabulate
>  [whatever][else]
>  [|l|c|r|]
>
> \startwhatever
> \NC l    \NC r     \NC \NR
> \NC left \NC right \NC \NR
> \stopwhatever
>
> \startwhatever[else]
> \NC l    \NC m      \NC r     \NC \NR
> \NC left \NC middle \NC right \NC \NR
> \stopwhatever
>
> \stoptext

Can you add a second argument to custom tabulation which would allow one to write

  \startwhatever[format={…}]

or

  \startwhatever[else][format={…}]

to change the number of columns and format for a certain table.

@ 2012-10-16 11:39           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-10-16 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-10-2012 13:23, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 16.10.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
>
>> On 16-10-2012 12:52, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
>>> The problem is that \starttabulate does not accept a format parameter.
>>>
>>> Cheap solution (only figured it out now, or I'd have replied before): use
>>>
>>> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={....}]
>>>
>>> before every \startalpha call.
>>> It's not very contexty syntax, but on the other hand it requires no
>>> new definitions at all.
>>>
>>> Full example below.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Sietse
>>>
>>> \definetabulate[alpha][|l|] % dummy format
>>> \setuptabulate[alpha][style=bold]
>>>
>>> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={|r|r|r|}]
>>> \startalpha
>>> \NC r \NC r \NC r \NC \NR
>>> \NC test \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
>>> \stopalpha
>>>
>>> \setuptabulate[alpha][format={|c|c|}]
>>> \startalpha
>>> \NC c \NC c \NC \NR
>>> \NC test \NC test \NC \NR
>>> \stopalpha
>>
>> There's also:
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \definetabulate
>>   [whatever]
>>   [|l|r|]
>>
>> \definetabulate
>>   [whatever][else]
>>   [|l|c|r|]
>>
>> \startwhatever
>> \NC l    \NC r     \NC \NR
>> \NC left \NC right \NC \NR
>> \stopwhatever
>>
>> \startwhatever[else]
>> \NC l    \NC m      \NC r     \NC \NR
>> \NC left \NC middle \NC right \NC \NR
>> \stopwhatever
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Can you add a second argument to custom tabulation which would allow one to write
>
>    \startwhatever[format={…}]
>
> or
>
>    \startwhatever[else][format={…}]
>
> to change the number of columns and format for a certain table.

I wonder is someone can remember this ...

\unprotect

\unexpanded\def\tabl_start_defined[#1]%
   {\bgroup
    \edef\currenttabulationparent{#1}%
    \let\currenttabulation\currenttabulationparent
    \dodoubleargument\tabl_start_defined_indeed}

\def\tabl_start_defined_indeed
   {\iffirstargument
      \ifsecondargument
        \doubleexpandafter\tabl_start_defined_two
      \else
        \doubleexpandafter\tabl_start_defined_one
      \fi
    \else
       \singleexpandafter\tabl_start_defined_zero
    \fi}

\def\tabl_start_defined_one[#1][#2]%
   {\doifassignmentelse{#1}
      {\setuptabulation[\currenttabulation][#1]}%
      {\edef\currenttabulation{\currenttabulation:#1}}%
    \tabl_tabulate_start_building}

\def\tabl_start_defined_two[#1][#2]%
   {\edef\currenttabulation{\currenttabulation:#1}%
    \setuptabulation[\currenttabulation][#2]%
    \tabl_tabulate_start_building}

\def\tabl_start_defined_zero[#1][#2]%
   {\tabl_tabulate_start_building}

\protect

\starttext

\definetabulate
   [whatever]
   [|l|r|]

\definetabulate
   [whatever][else]
   [|l|c|r|]

\startwhatever
\NC l    \NC r     \NC \NR
\NC left \NC right \NC \NR
\stopwhatever

\startwhatever[else]
\NC l    \NC m      \NC r     \NC \NR
\NC left \NC middle \NC right \NC \NR
\stopwhatever

\startwhatever[else][format={|c|c|c|c|}]
\NC l    \NC m      \NC m      \NC r     \NC \NR
\NC left \NC middle \NC middle \NC right \NC \NR
\stopwhatever

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-10-17  6:37     ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-10-17  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you. Yes, that helps.

Regards,
Malte.

@ 2012-10-08  6:40 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2012-10-08  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

2012-10-08 Malte Stien:

@ 2012-10-08  1:23 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-10-08  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to define two tabulate styles as follows:

- \setuptabulate[split=yes, bodyfont=small]
- \setuptabulate[split=yes]

...such that I can just refer to them when I \starttabulate...\stoptabulate somewhere. I thought, the command \definetabulate would come in handy here, but I can't work it out and it appears the documentation on that command is pretty scarce.

  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definetabulate

Any help?
Thank you,
Malte.