* texutil and registers
@ 2005-06-07 17:56 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-07 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

in the process of rewriting texexec into ruby i also rewrite texutil; some of
the functionality in texutil is already moved (probably went unnoticed) to
ctxtools; the graphics analyzer actually is also seperated in another tool, but
yet undocumented (related to rlx libraries); this leaves handling the tui file;
i will probably merge that part of the code into texexec which will speed up
processing; from that moment texutil will be just a wrapper around calls to
other tools (fallback).

one of the more complex parts of texutil's tui handling is register sorting; i
more or less got this done, and (at least i think) i can also handle the special
tricks needed for czech; there will be a new interface to define sort rules; one
of the tricky parts is handling encodings, but i may patch the context code for
that; also, the sort-class based remap features will be available from within
context so that one can tweak handling

in determining the needed functionality, i'd like to know what things can end up
in user's registers; if possible, i'd like to have (small) test files with sane
cases (+ sort rules if needed) so that we can make a test bed

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: texutil and registers