* newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-03 21:07 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-03 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
does somebody already have some experience with the installation of the
newest ConTeXt version (2005.06.03) on teTeX-3.0 ?
With a minimal test-file (\starttext hello \stoptext) I have still two
little problems:

"texexec test" runs ok, but "dvips test" gives the following messages:

This is dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2005.06.03:2232' -> test.ps
dvips: expected number in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, returning 10
dvips: expected units in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, assuming inches.
dvips: expected number in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, returning 10
dvips: expected units in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, assuming inches.
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfzzz --bdpi 1200 --mag 1+0/1200 --dpi 1200 ec-lmr12
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-lmr12.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font ec-lmr12 not found, characters will be left blank.
<tex.pro>. [1]

The problem with the \printpaperwidth etc is not so serious, since I can
overwrite the \dosetuppaper macro:
\definespecial\dosetuppaper#1#2#3{%
  \special{papersize=\the\printpaperwidth,\the\printpaperheight}}

But for the ec-lmr12 problem, I would appreciate some help. I've already
tried some commands like "updmap-sys --enable Map ec-public-lm.map" but
without success.

This is what I've done for the installation (as root):

unzipping the cont-xxx.zip files in /opt/teTeX/texmf-dist
then "mktexlsr"
then "texexec --make --all"
and at the end another "mktexlsr"

TIA for any help!
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-04  8:50   ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-06-04  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen

On Saturday 04 June 2005 10:20 am, Hans Hagen wrote:

> i'm not familiar with updmap
>
> (dvipdfm works ok now, is there a mapfile loading special in dvips?)
>
> Hans
Updmap is a new method of updating all the various font
configuration files on a TeX distribution. It exists on my
TeXLive distro and also my Slackware TeX distro (presumably tetex.)

Here is a condensed version of the man page:
 updmap  is  a utility that creates font configuration files for
dvips(1), pdftex(1), xdvi(1), ps2pk(1), gsftopk(1), dvipdfm(1)
and  (soon)  dvipdfmx(1).   In  an  ideal world,  updmap  would
be  unnecessary -- each of these programs would read the same
configuration file to learn what fonts are available and how they
should be treated.  As  things stand, however, each of these
tools has subtly different requirements and thereby needs its own
font configuration file.  updmap  creates  font  configuration
files  for  all  of these programs from a single source, allowing
you to easily keep all the different configuration files in sync.

       updmap reads a configuration file, updmap.cfg(5) and,
depending on the options specified in that file and on the
command line, updmap will write generated map files to a
directory of your choosing (via one of the --*outputdir options),
or automatically determine  where  to  place the files.  In the
latter case, it tries to use the tree where the variable TEXMFVAR
points to.  When used with the options --edit,  --setoption,
--enable, --disable, or --syncwithtrees, updmap will first write
updmap.cfg(5) and regenerate the map files only if this file has
been changed.
As previously posted I add a line to updmap.cfg asking it to
look for plus.map. Then I add/delete etc. font statements to
that file. When run updmap then updates all the other files used by various
tex variants as described above.

--

John Culleton

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-04 10:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-04 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
> does somebody already have some experience with the installation of the
> newest ConTeXt version (2005.06.03) on teTeX-3.0 ?
> With a minimal test-file (\starttext hello \stoptext) I have still two
> little problems:
>
> "texexec test" runs ok, but "dvips test" gives the following messages:
>
> This is dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
> ' TeX output 2005.06.03:2232' -> test.ps
> dvips: expected number in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, returning 10
> dvips: expected units in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, assuming inches.
> dvips: expected number in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, returning 10
> dvips: expected units in \printpaperwidth ,\printpaperheight, assuming inches.
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfzzz --bdpi 1200 --mag 1+0/1200 --dpi 1200 ec-lmr12
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-lmr12.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> dvips: Font ec-lmr12 not found, characters will be left blank.
> <tex.pro>. [1]
>
> The problem with the \printpaperwidth etc is not so serious, since I can
> overwrite the \dosetuppaper macro:
> \definespecial\dosetuppaper#1#2#3{%
>   \special{papersize=\the\printpaperwidth,\the\printpaperheight}}

safer is:

\definespecial\dosetuppaper#1#2#3%
   {\begingroup
    \!!dimena#1%
    \!!dimenb#3%
    \special{papersize=\the\!!dimena,\the\!!dimenb}%
    \endgroup]

> But for the ec-lmr12 problem, I would appreciate some help. I've already
> tried some commands like "updmap-sys --enable Map ec-public-lm.map" but
> without success.

i'm not familiar with updmap

(dvipdfm works ok now, is there a mapfile loading special in dvips?)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-04 14:05     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-04 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Saturday 04 June 2005 10:20 am, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>i'm not familiar with updmap
>>
>>(dvipdfm works ok now, is there a mapfile loading special in dvips?)
>>
>>Hans
>
> Updmap is a new method of updating all the various font

i know what it does, but i don;t know the dirty details -)

i don't use it because

(1) i had other mechanisms in place before updmap came around

keep in mind that i have quite some fonts on my system, and esp for commercial
fonts have metrics that may not match ones that now or later show up in the tex
distributions and map entries play a role in inclusion of pdf graphics and i
don't want surprises (read: wrong metrics and substitutions)

(2) i want more control over loading (handy when you have thousands of fonts)

(3) when this 'big map file' came around it froze pdftex due to the
implementation of map files in pdftex, but that was solved later, as well as
caused inclusions problems due to the fact that duplicate FontName entries clash
(esp tricky with slanted of expanded fonts)

So, i'd rather play safe -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-04 19:17   ` Peter Münster
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-04 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > The problem with the \printpaperwidth etc is not so serious, since I can
> > overwrite the \dosetuppaper macro:
> > \definespecial\dosetuppaper#1#2#3{%
> >   \special{papersize=\the\printpaperwidth,\the\printpaperheight}}
>
> safer is:
>
> \definespecial\dosetuppaper#1#2#3%
>    {\begingroup
>     \!!dimena#1%
>     \!!dimenb#3%
>     \special{papersize=\the\!!dimena,\the\!!dimenb}%
>     \endgroup]

Thank you!  (\!!dimena#1 should be \!!dimena#2)

> > But for the ec-lmr12 problem, I would appreciate some help. I've already
> > tried some commands like "updmap-sys --enable Map ec-public-lm.map" but
> > without success.
>
> i'm not familiar with updmap
>
> (dvipdfm works ok now, is there a mapfile loading special in dvips?)

In fact, it's not a dvips problem. If I do a "texexec --pdf test", then I
get also "Warning: pdfetex (file ec-lmr12): Font ec-lmr12 at 72 not found".

Am I the only teTeX-user having this problem?

Greetings, Peter

--

@ 2005-06-04 19:24     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-04 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> Am I the only teTeX-user having this problem?

Will do a fresh install tomorrow. Have you tried

   \mapfile[context-base]

yet?

Taco

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-04 21:30     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-04 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

> Am I the only teTeX-user having this problem?

depends on your local cont-sys.tex file as well; can you check cont-sys.rme?
(i.e. temporarily rename your local cont.sys.tex)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-05  6:14       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-05  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >
> > Am I the only teTeX-user having this problem?
>
> Will do a fresh install tomorrow. Have you tried
>
>    \mapfile[context-base]

Undefined control sequence...

But I tried all these commands:
\loadmapfile[context-base]
\pdfmapfile{context-base.map}
\loadmapfile[ec-public-lm]
\pdfmapfile{ec-public-lm.map}
Without success.

The following commands are the only way, that I know of, to get a lm-font:
\usetypescript[modern][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[modern]

Greetings, Peter

--

@ 2005-06-05  6:15       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-05  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > Am I the only teTeX-user having this problem?
>
> depends on your local cont-sys.tex file as well; can you check cont-sys.rme?
> (i.e. temporarily rename your local cont.sys.tex)

I deleted cont.sys.tex, so ConTeXt takes the cont-sys.rme file.
Peter

--

@ 2005-06-05 17:33     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-05 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Barring typo's, this wiki page should be a help for people trying
to upgrade a 'normal' teTeX:

   http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

Taco

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>>The problem with the \printpaperwidth etc is not so serious, since I can
>>>overwrite the \dosetuppaper macro:
>>>\definespecial\dosetuppaper#1#2#3{%
>>>  \special{papersize=\the\printpaperwidth,\the\printpaperheight}}

Hans, will you fix this in the next release?

>>>But for the ec-lmr12 problem, I would appreciate some help. I've already
>>>tried some commands like "updmap-sys --enable Map ec-public-lm.map" but
>>>without success.
>>
>>i'm not familiar with updmap

Hans' Latin Modern zip does not have dvips mapfiles.

Taco

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-07 17:25       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-07 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Barring typo's, this wiki page should be a help for people trying
> to upgrade a 'normal' teTeX:
>
>    http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

Indeed, a great help! Thank you!

Here the result on my machine:
I've followed all the steps on your page, and then:

This is dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2005.06.06:1049' -> test.ps
<tex.pro><ec-lm.enc><texps.pro>. <lmr12.pfb>[1]

So dvips seems ok.

texexec --pdf test:

fonts           : using map file: original-base
fonts           : using map file: ec-public-lm
fonts           : using map file: ec-base
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-base
fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm
systems         : begin file test at line 3
[1.1{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-empty.map}{/opt/teT
eX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/
fonts/map/dvips/context/ec-public-lm.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips
/context/ec-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-a
ms-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-public-lm.m
ap}]
systems         : end file test at line 5
 ) </var/tmp/texfonts/pk/modeless/public/lm/ec-lmr12.72pk>
Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 2742 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

This is a bitmap font, and very ugly with Acroread...

Then I removed the lines 75-107 (from "\resetmapfiles" to "\fi") from
cont-sys.rme (and saved it as cont-sys.tex). After that, I got a pdf-file
with type 1 fonts, but a lot of warnings like this one:
Warning: pdfetex (file /opt/teTeX/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map)
: fontmap entry for `bchb8r' already exists, duplicates ignored

So, there are a lot of duplicates in pdftex.map (about 600), like:

vnti8 LMRoman8-Italic "enct5psn ReEncodeFont" <t5psn.enc <lmri8.pfb
vnti8 VNTI8 <vnti8.pfb

What is the right method, to avoid these warnings?

TIA for any hints!
Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2005-06-07 17:58         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-07 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

> texexec --pdf test:
>
> fonts           : using map file: original-base
> fonts           : using map file: ec-public-lm
> fonts           : using map file: ec-base
> fonts           : using map file: original-ams-base
> fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm
> systems         : begin file test at line 3
> [1.1{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-empty.map}{/opt/teT
> eX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/
> fonts/map/dvips/context/ec-public-lm.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips
> /context/ec-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-a
> ms-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-public-lm.m
> ap}]

Judging from the path, these are still the old map files from teTeX, not
the new one that you (perhaps) have installed in /opt/teTeX/texmf-local.

This directory (/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist) is not out-of-the-box teTeX 3.0,
so I guess you have to do some distribution-specific tweaking.

Please update the wiki page when you are done. this particular update
is a bit problematic so the more specific information in the wiki, the
better.

Taco

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-07 20:01           ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-07 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > texexec --pdf test:
> >
> > fonts           : using map file: original-base
> > fonts           : using map file: ec-public-lm
> > fonts           : using map file: ec-base
> > fonts           : using map file: original-ams-base
> > fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm
> > systems         : begin file test at line 3
> > [1.1{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-empty.map}{/opt/teT
> > eX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/
> > fonts/map/dvips/context/ec-public-lm.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips
> > /context/ec-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-a
> > ms-base.map}{/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-public-lm.m
> > ap}]
>
> Judging from the path, these are still the old map files from teTeX, not
> the new one that you (perhaps) have installed in /opt/teTeX/texmf-local.

No, these map-files are coming from cont-tmf.zip. /opt/teTeX/texmf-dist is
the only texmf-tree on my system.

Tomorrow I'm going to try an installation with texmf-local, perhaps it's
really better to separate the updates from the main distribution.

> This directory (/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist) is not out-of-the-box teTeX 3.0,
> so I guess you have to do some distribution-specific tweaking.

I've just replaced "/usr/local/teTeX/share" by "/opt/teTeX".

>From tetex-src-3.00/INSTALL:

   You can omit the "share/" part for the texmf directories if you want.
   $prefix/share/texmf and $prefix/texmf are auto-detected by configure.

and

   For now, you have to create two texmf directories and unpack the tar archive
   there. Example (the "#" character represents the prompt of your shell,
   don't type it in):

     # mkdir -p /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist
     # gzip -dc tetex-texmf.tar.gz \
         | (umask 0; cd /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist; tar xvf -)

Do you have the same duplicates in pdftex.map? And do you use the default
cont-sys.rme?

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2005-06-07 20:07       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-06-07 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

> Barring typo's, this wiki page should be a help for people trying
> to upgrade a 'normal' teTeX:
>
>    http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

Very nice page, Taco. One remark though: TEXFORMATS doesn't have to be
set. - Or do you have "better" experience with it?

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-07 21:31         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-07 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>>Barring typo's, this wiki page should be a help for people trying
>>to upgrade a 'normal' teTeX:
>>
>>   http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation
>

> Very nice page, Taco. One remark though: TEXFORMATS doesn't have to be
> set. - Or do you have "better" experience with it?

It is set in the default texmnf.cnf from teTeX, so I just amended
as needed. It is definately needed when there are still formats
in 'bare' web2c because that would overshadow web2c/pdfetex if
there was no TEXFORMATS setting. But if there are no such formats,
then I suspect it makes no difference whether TEXFORMATS is set
or not. Not tested though.

Taco

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-07 21:42             ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-07 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
> I've just replaced "/usr/local/teTeX/share" by "/opt/teTeX".

I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do claim to
understand all of it completely, so I may have missed something.

Taco

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-07 21:43               ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-07 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Peter Münster wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>> I've just replaced "/usr/local/teTeX/share" by "/opt/teTeX".
>
> I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do claim to

That should have read:
 > I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do *not* claim to

;)

* Re: Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-08  7:32         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-08  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>>Barring typo's, this wiki page should be a help for people trying
>>to upgrade a 'normal' teTeX:
>>
>>   http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation
>

> Very nice page, Taco. One remark though: TEXFORMATS doesn't have to be
> set. - Or do you have "better" experience with it?

by setting it, you *know* what happens, texformats is rather distribution
dependent, can hold many paths, changes now and then, so ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-08  7:38                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-08  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> Peter Münster wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>>
>>> I've just replaced "/usr/local/teTeX/share" by "/opt/teTeX".
>>

>> I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do claim to
>

> That should have read:
>  > I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do *not* claim to
>
> ;)

be baffled by the probably most safe definition for tetex:

/{usr,opt,tex,TeX}/{local,share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}/{share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}/{share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-08  7:45           ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-06-08  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

> by setting it, you *know* what happens, texformats is rather
> distribution dependent, can hold many paths, changes now and then, so

Actually, as Taco has pointed out, it is set (to .;$TEXMF/web2c). But
that does not give me the guarantee that I *know* what happens. See
the current texexec - it touches the path. I somehow dislike the magic
in texexec.

Patrick
--

@ 2005-06-08 12:47             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-08 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> [...]
>

>>by setting it, you *know* what happens, texformats is rather
>>distribution dependent, can hold many paths, changes now and then, so
>

> Actually, as Taco has pointed out, it is set (to .;$TEXMF/web2c). But
> that does not give me the guarantee that I *know* what happens. See
> the current texexec - it touches the path. I somehow dislike the magic
> in texexec.

actually it does not touch the path when the path is ok (i.e. has engine support
built in)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-08 12:51               ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-06-08 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> actually it does not touch the path when the path is ok (i.e. has
> engine support built in)

... depending on a suitable definition of 'ok'. But what I wanted to
say is that I have the feeling that I am losing more and more control
of the settings.

Patrick
--

@ 2005-06-08 14:16                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-08 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>>actually it does not touch the path when the path is ok (i.e. has
>>engine support built in)
>

> ... depending on a suitable definition of 'ok'. But what I wanted to
> say is that I have the feeling that I am losing more and more control
> of the settings.

hm, you can just set anything you want; the only thing context wants is an
engine subpath which is needed because the efmt ofmt fmt etc suffixes were
replaced in web2c by one suffix; otherwise you can not run for instance pdfetex
and aleph alongside unless using different names for formats which is even more
fuzzy and tricky to maintain. I wonder apart from engine, what 'other' controls
you think to loose ... since nothing really changed

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-08 16:33                   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2005-06-08 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

> be baffled by the probably most safe definition for tetex:
>
> /{usr,opt,tex,TeX}/{local,share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}/{share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}/{share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}

First, I'd add a  "," in  "{local,share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX,}" etc. and
secondly it won't find my SUSE teTeX which is in
  /usr/share/texmf/
nor my Debian teTeX which uses the same location.

Tobias

* Re: newest version on teTeX-3.0
@ 2005-06-08 16:41                 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-08 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> > Peter Münster wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >>
> >> I've just replaced "/usr/local/teTeX/share" by "/opt/teTeX".
> >
> > I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do claim to
>
> That should have read:
>  > I'm baffled. What I did worked for me, but I do *not* claim to

Ok, I remade my teTeX-installation from scratch, and this time with a
texmf-local-tree like you: everything works fine now! :))

Thanks again for your wiki-page!

Just *one* little exception: the "µ" is now slanted!
Seems to be cmmi12 instead of lmr12 now. An encoding problem perhaps?

Test-file:
\enableregime[il1]
\starttext
\stoptext

Going back to texnansi-encoding (with \usetypescript[modern][texnansi] and
\setupbodyfont[modern]) helps...

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2005-06-08 20:41                     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-08 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> be baffled by the probably most safe definition for tetex:
>>
>> /{usr,opt,tex,TeX}/{local,share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}/{share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}/{share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX}
>>

> First, I'd add a  "," in  "{local,share,tex,TeX,tetex,TeTeX,}" etc. and
> secondly it won't find my SUSE teTeX which is in
>  /usr/share/texmf/
> nor my Debian teTeX which uses the same location.

ah, those distributions ... indeedone then also needs to add /etc to the texmf
config path

a mess eh?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE